Best way to get oil or Armorall of your Tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best way to get oil or Armorall of your Tires

Ninjaist

Just cleaned up the ride and got a bit carried away with the armor all, I washed it off with a soap and a rag but it's still pretty slick. Any suggestion on getting oil or this stuff off ? general whats the best practice for tire cleaning ?

If you were applying armorall on some plastic parts of the bike you should spray some on a cloth first and then apply to the desired area.
You should not be spraying it directly on the bike.

Now, how do you get it off your tires?... buy new ones! (I don't think there is a real solution)

burnout........and I'm not being scarcastic

Who the hell intentionally puts Armor All on any part of their bike?!

Scrub it off with hot water and some dish soap with a brush. Rinse the living hell out of it. Ride with caution. Or just buy new tires as was already suggested.

Who the hell intentionally puts Armor All on any part of their bike?!

Someone who is new and might not have known better. We were all new once.

Take tire off, give it to me

To most of the people posting to this new rider.READ the header at the top of the forum! This is not romper room.Edit or delete your posts before Paul sees the report i sent.I think all of you should be turfed for a bit.

And to Ninjaist:wipe the tires down with a clean rag and some brakekleen.

Go to a hardware store and pick up some T.S.P. (Tri-sodium-Phosphate) - you can get it either pre-mixed or in powder form. Apply liberally to your tires and scrub really hard with a laundry brush - or something equally stiff. It will take oil off a driveway, so it should get the Armour-all off the tires.

It's no big deal, if you've already washed the tires with soap and water, just get some fine sandpaper and sand the contact areas that have shiny spots and your're good to go. Do be a little extra cautions on that first ride afterwards, gradually increasing speed and lean angles.

Thanks for the advice. I washed the tires down with soap and then used some fine sandpaper, which worked perfectly. I went for a spin and was cautious and so far so good.

Be careful dood. I'd still spray some brake cleaner on it just to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom