Best tires for a 2008 CBR 125r? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best tires for a 2008 CBR 125r?

I have recently purchased a 2008 cbr 125 and I have noticed that it needs a new rear tire. It has the original IRC nr73 tires, 100/90/17 Rear and 80/90/17 front. Does anyone know what sizes would fit this and any good tires. Also does anyone know if those are good tires because they seem to be pretty cheap for a new set. I really wanted 120 for the back and 100 for the front but I won’t complain if there are some good tires of a different size. I won’t be using the bike for track or anything, just for calm rides so I don’t need anything aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Heidenau makes a really good replacement tire - the K66.
Stay with the original sizes, the rims are too narrow for anything wider.

Heidenau makes a really good replacement tire - the K66.
Stay with the original sizes, the rims are too narrow for anything wider.
... not so sure he can get a K66 in the sizes he needs, if he had a 2011 model, it would be a close or correct fit.

I found the k66 in the size I need, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen people put 120 rear and 100 front on my bike but maybe they had modded their rims somehow. I found the right size k66 on Fortnine.ca for 212$ front and back so I’ll probably be getting those. Thanks for the help, any other suggestions would be great too.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Check your rim size and cross reference that with the tire manufacturer specs. Don't exceed the manufacturer spec or you could risk catastrophic tire failure. Clearance issues not withstanding, the tire still must fit the rim for the bead to seat correctly. Seeing it done by somebody does not make it safe or proper.

I doubt you will find a better tire then the Heidenau if you can ft it.

My dad has Michelin Pilot Streets on his bike (GSXR 1000) and he says he is very satisfied with them. I found Pilot Streets for my size, do you guys think the K66 are better then the Pilot Streets?

I searched it up and the P zeros are bicycle tires, are you sure you got the name right?

My dad has Michelin Pilot Streets on his bike (GSXR 1000) and he says he is very satisfied with them. I found Pilot Streets for my size, do you guys think the K66 are better then the Pilot Streets?
Are the tires on your dads bike radial ply? and the ones that fit your bike are ?
Radial tires offer a huge performance advantage, but size selection has typically been limited.

Its a first generation CBR125R - you don't have a lot of choices and Heidenaus are the best of that limited choice..
Just put the right size tires on and learn how to ride the thing.

Heidenaus are a better tire than Avon Am22/23? or Contis? or Bridestone BT45?

I don't think so.
There are lots of GOOD small tires out there. Keep looking.

What is this HUGE performance advantage you speak of?
Have you never compared the performance difference between a bias and radial ply tire?

Have you never compared the performance difference between a bias and radial ply tire?
Yep. I raced vintage bikes for many, many years, on bias ply tires.
... and I still want to know what YOU think is this "huge performance advantage" is.

Heidenaus are a better tire than Avon Am22/23? or Contis? or Bridestone BT45?
I don't think so.
There are lots of GOOD small tires out there. Keep looking.

In the OEM tire sizes there are not a lot of choices - 80/90-17 and 100/80-17. I've done the research.
Find an Avon, Conti or Bridgestone to fit, or pretty much anything else other than IRC and I'll buy you lunch.
I ran the Honda CBR125R Challenge Series for 3 seasons, we ended up using skinny Pirellis - 90/90-17s on front and the rear because of the lack of available fitment. The bike has 13hp on a good day, its not going to overwhelm any NEW tire, as opposed to what sounds like 12 year old IRCs.

I have no idea if it is bias or radial, I’m not sure where to look for that. How much bigger difference are we talking about, I’m not gonna be racing, I just want to be able to take a turn on the road without falling. The reason as to why I was looking for other tires because I found the tread patter kind of ugly on the K66. I know I’m being picky I just really liked the look of the pilot streets and I had my dad to support that they are good tires. The reason as to why I wanted to put a 120 on the back is because it looks much nicer then a 100 but You guys are right there won’t be any other advantage so I’ll just get factory sizes. From what I understand the IRC are not good tires as I’ve read from reviews and heard from you guys so I’m steering away from them. Michelin Pilot streets look nice but I’m not sure wether the ones I found are bias or radial ply, the R66 are a good tire from what I got but I’m my personal opinion the tire is kind of ugly because it looks like something that would go on an enduro motorcycle. I’ll keep looking at tires and I’ll let you guys know what I find

And I need to change the tires, the back one is far beyond it’s changing point already.

Reactions: TK4
I have no idea if it is bias or radial, I’m not sure where to look for that. How much bigger difference are we talking about, I’m not gonna be racing, I just want to be able to take a turn on the road without falling. The reason as to why I was looking for other tires because I found the tread patter kind of ugly on the K66. I know I’m being picky I just really liked the look of the pilot streets and I had my dad to support that they are good tires. The reason as to why I wanted to put a 120 on the back is because it looks much nicer then a 100 but You guys are right there won’t be any other advantage so I’ll just get factory sizes. From what I understand the IRC are not good tires as I’ve read from reviews and heard from you guys so I’m steering away from them. Michelin Pilot streets look nice but I’m not sure wether the ones I found are bias or radial ply, the R66 are a good tire from what I got but I’m my personal opinion the tire is kind of ugly because it looks like something that would go on an enduro motorcycle. I’ll keep looking at tires and I’ll let you guys know what I find
Good luck !

Back
Top Bottom