Best State Farm Agent to Call ? Does it make any difference ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best State Farm Agent to Call ? Does it make any difference ?

Ninjaist

I'm looking to get a quote on a 2008 or 2009 Ducati 848, and based on what I have read, State Farm is the company to go with. Does anyone recommend who I should call and why they are the best? Does it make any difference?

Thanks for your help

Assuming you get the same coverage plan, all agents will give you the same quote.
It all comes down to customer service. I personally signed up with Karl Marshall in Scarborough.
State Farm requires pictures of your bike and a picture of the vin#, it was early march when I signed my policy and couldn't ride the bike because it was still cold out.
Karl drove from Scarborough to my house in Ajax, took whatever pictures he needed and got me a pink slip the same day.
He also assured me that I could get insurance with SF, where a dozen of other agents said I didn't qualify because I only had 5 year experience since the date of my G1, they thought it changed to 6 years and didn't bother to check with head office to see what the new criteria is.
Overall, Karl went above and beyond to make sure that I was able to ride my bike this summer and I often refer people to him because his service is simply the best.

If you need his contact info, you can look him up on here, his handle is "Karl Marshall"
Cheers.

actually I got different quote from different SF agents, could be $40 bucks difference
Karl, not the cheapest rate for me, quote around

actually I got different quote from different SF agents, could be $40 bucks difference
Karl, not the cheapest rate for me, quote around

If you're getting the same coverage plan, your quotes should be identical.
There is a difference between full coverage and liability only, fire and theft or not, 1 mil. liability or 2 mil.
All this affects how much you will pay, if you're getting a quote for the SAME coverage every agent will give you the same.

Assuming you get the same coverage plan, all agents will give you the same quote.
It all comes down to customer service. I personally signed up with Karl Marshall in Scarborough.
State Farm requires pictures of your bike and a picture of the vin#, it was early march when I signed my policy and couldn't ride the bike because it was still cold out.
Karl drove from Scarborough to my house in Ajax, took whatever pictures he needed and got me a pink slip the same day.
He also assured me that I could get insurance with SF, where a dozen of other agents said I didn't qualify because I only had 5 year experience since the date of my G1, they thought it changed to 6 years and didn't bother to check with head office to see what the new criteria is.
Overall, Karl went above and beyond to make sure that I was able to ride my bike this summer and I often refer people to him because his service is simply the best.

If you need his contact info, you can look him up on here, his handle is "Karl Marshall"
Cheers.

Wow, that's great customer service! I don't know why the agent didn't just have you take pics yourself and email them though.

You are exactly right -- the difference between agents is the level of customer service that they offer. Some are excellent, while others are not.

If you're getting the same coverage plan, your quotes should be identical.
There is a difference between full coverage and liability only, fire and theft or not, 1 mil. liability or 2 mil.
All this affects how much you will pay, if you're getting a quote for the SAME coverage every agent will give you the same.

Correct. Agents are NOT allowed to deviate from the rates set forth in their rating manual provided by the State Farm head office. If the premiums are different, then either the agents are quoting different levels of coverage, or one of the agents is screwing up.

OP, if you are over 30yo, then be sure to quote with TD / Meloche Monnex / Primmum as well. If you are not over 30yo, then State Farm is pretty much your only option on the bike.

Thank you very much for the feed back, so it looks like it's all about Customer service. I'm currently with Jevco and they won't do anything for a ducti 848, too bad they have been great so far

Thank you very much for the feed back, so it looks like it's all about Customer service. I'm currently with Jevco and they won't do anything for a ducti 848, too bad they have been great so far

No company except State Farm and TD will touch a 600CC+ Sport Bike (at least, not at an affordable rate).

Back
Top Bottom