Best riding school for a newish rider? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best riding school for a newish rider?

caje

I got my license around a year ago now (around 12,000kms in total) and would like to take some lessons to improve my riding in general as well as to experience riding on a track. I've seen a few schools posted here, but would appreciate some recommendations for a newer rider.

I live in Quebec but would be willing to travel pretty much anywhere in Ontario, although a school in eastern Ontario would be convenient. I would prefer if they had their own bikes I could rent/use. I have a SNELL helmet but would probably need to rent the rest of the gear as I only have a mesh jacket and riding jeans.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Fast Riding School is based out of Shannonville, just east of Belleville. I learned a lot from them, high recommended. They provide the bikes and gear, so you can just show up.

Racer 5 will rent you the gear, both schools are good

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Any of the above are good choices. I recently did a quick comparison of those three over in the Supersonic Race School thread:

Heard a lot of good things about Fast School - plan to do a class next year myself.

Thanks for this thread. After 18 years riding, its been a few years since I did any sort of course outside dirt bikes.

Never been to the track yet!

How late in the season do these intro courses generally run until?

I would go to fast, im sure the others are good as well, but my boy alex dumas is an instructor there, and I would totally love a selfie as well as some top notch instruction.

If you do take Fast, don't take Phase I, II and II all at once, but try to space them out and do lots of track days in between.

We did Phase II a few years after Phase I, plus many track days in between. We got a lot more out of it than my buddy who was doing I, II and III at the same time we did II and III. The concepts they are teaching in Phase II requires a base level of track expertise and if you don't have that, you won't get as much out of it.

During Phase II, my buddy was still struggling with lines and braking markers, he was in no position to learn trail braking. It was only his second day on the track! Years later, we talked about the course we took together and he's like, "Trail braking? We learned that in Phase II? I don't remember that at all."

Back
Top Bottom