Best rides outside of east end of Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best rides outside of east end of Toronto

jemberlin

Hi all. It's been over 10 years since I last rode – last bike was a curse in more ways than one and ended up getting stolen. I just picked up an old '70's Honda and am looking to find some nice rides outside of the city on the east side of the city. I live at Woodbine and Danforth and am wondering what the closest nice riding area would be. I'm assuming up north of Markham near Uxbridge, etc...

The GTA housing and congestion is spreading out so rapidly now you pretty well have to be anywhere east and north of Uxbridge now. I find there's always two parts to my rides now. The first part is a slab or bee line straight out to where the real enjoyable riding begins as the second part. I suggest you just look for curvy roads on the map and figure out the fastest way to get to them. That's where your adventures begin. Also if you search this forum, members have contributed their best roads to ride.

So glad I live an hour north of the city. ;)

I just picked up an old '70's Honda...

Since no one asked about the “new to you bike”, what’s the new ride?

I’ve taken my 73 CB350four out to the far reaches of the GTA from Oakville. Depending how long of a ride you are looking for, and the reliability of the bike, you could easily go out to Uxbridge, Port Perry, and Peterborough. If the bike can comfortably run at highway speeds, and you don’t mind getting up early on a weekend, there’s no reason you can’t get out to country roads in short order whether above Markham or northeast of Pickering/Oshawa.

Congrats on the new bike and ride safe .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree with heading to Port Perry and east of there
if you're not into 400 series HWY riding
best way I've found to get out there
is head north to Bloomington Rd.
east on that to Goodwood then 7A into Port Perry

while the 401 is stopped dead
you can generally do the speed limit across Bloomington

Since no one asked about the “new to you bike”, what’s the new ride?

I’ve taken my 73 CB350four out to the far reaches of the GTA from Oakville. Depending how long of a ride you are looking for, and the reliability of the bike, you could easily go out to Uxbridge, Port Perry, and Peterborough. If the bike can comfortably run at highway speeds, and you don’t mind getting up early on a weekend, there’s no reason you can’t get out to country roads in short order whether above Markham or northeast of Pickering/Oshawa.

Congrats on the new bike and ride safe .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Picked up a '74 Honda CB750

agree with heading to Port Perry and east of there
if you're not into 400 series HWY riding
best way I've found to get out there
is head north to Bloomington Rd.
east on that to Goodwood then 7A into Port Perry

while the 401 is stopped dead
you can generally do the speed limit across Bloomington

Do speed limits on Bloomington. That is key... they lay traps in residential areas

You can help us out here if you tell us what day and time of the week you prefer to ride and how long you'll be out on your ride.

There's a world of difference between roads people might suggest to you for 2 hour spin on a Wednesday evening vs. an all day ride Saturday or Sunday.

I got this by asking Google Maps for a route to Coburg, avoiding highways and tolls

link: Toronto to Cobourg

It's a good way to find a route

I've been through Fenelon Falls and liked it, though the bridge is a bottleneck for traffic on a nice summer day.

I've heard that Buckhorn is nice.

I've never tried riding around Lake Simcoe, but I've seen it mentioned here

I got this by asking Google Maps for a route to Coburg, avoiding highways and tolls

link: Toronto to Cobourg

It's a good way to find a route

I've been through Fenelon Falls and liked it, though the bridge is a bottleneck for traffic on a nice summer day.

I've heard that Buckhorn is nice.

I've never tried riding around Lake Simcoe, but I've seen it mentioned here

Newcastle to Port Hope on Lakeshore is a better option, fairly scenic low speed drive.

OP, you can make a nice little loop around Toronto Zoo to include Twin Rivers, Plug hat road and Old Finch road. Nothing to write home about, but the East end is basically void of any decent roads.

Newcastle to Port Hope on Lakeshore is a better option, fairly scenic low speed drive.

OP, you can make a nice little loop around Toronto Zoo to include Twin Rivers, Plug hat road and Old Finch road. Nothing to write home about, but the East end is basically void of any decent roads.

Yep Head out to port hope then north on 10 and then there's some nice sweepers and roads in the area. I used to use this as a basis of my rides.. some sweepers near Lindsay and Port Perry as well.

Unless something has changed since I lived there one has to pick the time or put up with the traffic, parking and lights. I would go east out the Danforth to Kingston Road where there is a slight improvement. Kingston Road and Queen Street west of Vic Park still have street car tracks IIRC. For a shorter jaunt chill out near Bluffer's Park or the Beach.

Once you're past Newcastle there are more options. Port Hope along Lakeshore as mentioned. Stretch the ride north to Bewdley, usually M/C friendly or further to Peterborough. Or go further east to Quinte. All nice.

Back
Top Bottom