Best local price on Honda gen? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best local price on Honda gen?

JohnnyP636

Site Supporter
Im looking to buy a Honda gen, most likely just and EU2000. So I was hoping people can point me in the direction to who has the best price on them. Im in Mississauga but I dont mind driving out of the city to pick one up if the price is right....So far Ive been lucky to get free power at most tracks, either from a pole or people willing to let me plug into theirs in return for gas to run it.

Appreciate any suggestions

You could try calling Larrys in Orangeville. They had several in the showroom the other day when I was there. I didn't notice prices though. They're just north of Orangeville on hwy 10 past Hockley road

You could try calling Larrys in Orangeville. They had several in the showroom the other day when I was there. I didn't notice prices though. They're just north of Orangeville on hwy 10 past Hockley road

They are closed but I will give them a try tomorrow, for now I called a Honda powderhouse that another member just recommended in a PM. I asked for a CASH OTD price, he said retail is $1349 on the EU2000 and so my price would be $1524.30 full retail plus tax...Ummm not the kind of deal Im looking for, id expecting at least $100-200 MSRP

Im also a little confused because I just went on Honda.ca and they have it marked down from $1399 msrp to $1299 msrp.....So the dealer is selling it to me at $50 over the current MSRP listed on Honda Canada's own website?!

I got a buddy that sells HPP. Will call him tmrw and see what he can do. He's not a powerhouse dealer, but just a regular HPP dealer and he doesn't tack on those silly freight and PDI charges like the powerhouses do.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got a buddy that sells HPP. Will call him tmrw and see what he can do. He's not a powerhouse dealer, but just a regular HPP dealer and he doesn't tack on those silly freight and PDI charges like the powerhouses do.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
Id appreciate it
And Im not looking for %25 off or anything, I know just like the bikes these things dont have a ton of markup on em. That being said I normally get at least $1000 off a $13000 motorcycle when i buy them without even haggling, so Id expect at least a solid $100-200 off a $1500 genny.......Then the msrp difference between the dealer and the manufactures website got me scratching my head

Im also a little confused because I just went on Honda.ca and they have it marked down from $1399 msrp to $1299 msrp.....So the dealer is selling it to me at $50 over the current MSRP listed on Honda Canada's own website?!

If you called Markham Outdoor Power then that wouldn't surprise me -- They wanted to sell me a CBR650F for more than MSRP as well.

Im pretty sure he added in freight/pdi/prep charges in that total.

As you know, there isn't that much mark up on these things. Honda Power Equipment is already quite expensive as it is, compared to competition.

Im pretty sure he added in freight/pdi/prep charges in that total.

As you know, there isn't that much mark up on these things. Honda Power Equipment is already quite expensive as it is, compared to competition.

Yeah Im trying to keep my money local and just walk in to store with cash and walk out with a gen at a good price. Its hard to go to a store and pay $1500 when I see adds on kijiji for new shipped to your door for $1220...Its a little risky ordering over the net like that but for a possible $300 savings I just might have to take that chance...I just cant bring myself to pay full retail plus all fees

Its not a motorcycle that is going on the street, so can I not just get it in the box unopened and not pay any fees. Thats what I did when I bought my 12 KX450F, and I didnt pay any fees. Dirt bikes dont have any warranty anyways so I didnt care that they didnt put it together and start it

Come to think of it I didnt even have to pay any of the PDI/freight crap on the last 3 motorcycles I bought...

Last edited:
Are you in a rush to buy? I'll probably be upgrading from my EU2000 (to a bigger EU) in the fall.

Are you in a rush to buy? I'll probably be upgrading from my EU2000 (to a bigger EU) in the fall.

Id like to have it before my days in Aug at Mosport because there isn't power there as far as I know. Like I said in the past so far Ive been lucky enough to get power from a pole at places like Shann or plug into pit neighbours in exchange for money or gas. The sooner the better though I have warmers but no gen LOL

They are closed but I will give them a try tomorrow, for now I called a Honda powderhouse that another member just recommended in a PM. I asked for a CASH OTD price, he said retail is $1349 on the EU2000 and so my price would be $1524.30 full retail plus tax...Ummm not the kind of deal Im looking for, id expecting at least $100-200 MSRP=
Did you really expect someone to give you a deal price over the phone?

St.Onge has a slighty used 1000w Yamaha for cheap.
10329741_10153000844348484_1070728705393170045_o.jpg

Last edited:
Did you really expect someone to give you a deal price over the phone?

yes when I bought my last bike I asked for a price over the phone, it was the best price I got so i drove there the next day with cash for a deposit. I sure in hell didn't expect a $50 over the current listed MSRP quote. What do you expect for me to have to drive to every Honda dealer in Ontario to actually get any discount off MSRP at all?

I was in Kahuna (Ride) on Tuesday and they said $1199 for the eu2000 ($200 off) until Friday when Honda will be taking everything back to the warehouse.

Ok heres a question is there any significant difference between a US or Canadian model EU200I? Best price so far for NIB is $1170 cash but its a US model

I was in Kahuna (Ride) on Tuesday and they said $1199 for the eu2000 ($200 off) until Friday when Honda will be taking everything back to the warehouse.

Sold out but it's cool because the other person got back to me with an even cheaper price

The US one has a lot more warning stickers. Apparently they havent figured out that the exhaust is hot and will burn you if you touch it.

I don't mind stickers I was going to spray bomb it anyways to hide the fact I'm buying a honda.

Ps u mentioned st onge, that's where I bought my last motorcycle and got the best price I could find over the phone. The salesman didn't even have pricing because it was for a 13 in dec of 2012, he calls me back within 5 min and beat every dealer I had already called or went to in person. Great dealer out there! I will buy from them again in heart beat

I don't mind stickers I was going to spray bomb it anyways to hide the fact I'm buying a honda.

Ps u mentioned st onge, that's where I bought my last motorcycle and got the best price I could find over the phone. The salesman didn't even have pricing because it was for a 13 in dec of 2012, he calls me back within 5 min and beat every dealer I had already called or went to in person. Great dealer out there! I will buy from them again in heart beat

So buy a yamaha like I did. Nice blue colour and not a honda haha

Yamaha FTW !!

Back
Top Bottom