Best bike for insurance (new rider) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best bike for insurance (new rider)

Ndx

Hi Guys,

I know you see those posts daily and I did browse ... But I will use this post for some other questions.

Just passed M1 - booking safety course now.
Age 35/36, Married
15 years with car licence and clean record
Looking at following bikes, keeping insurance down would be nice.
Ninja 300 ?
CBR 250R Repsol ( love the theme )

Does new vs used make difference in insurance price ?

I think I might end up with left over 2017 Ninja 300, some dealers clearing new old stock ...

Any other bikes to consider ..?

I'm new to M1
But I been riding since I was 8... ( Komar, Ogar, Jawa 350, GSX etc. ) prior to moving to Canada, so not a total newbie to bikes.

Thank you

Awesome!

CBR250R is a sweet little bike and they should be available cheap because Honda discounted the daylights out of the new old stock for several years running. ... is a super easy bike to self service, they even located the fuel filter external from the fuel tank, fuel injection works superlative.
Should have come as a solo only bike, rearsets would improve the riding position, mirrors are not great, it's a little hard to make yourself wind slippery at highway speed, has no problem with power to pass transports on the 401 if you are a lightweight rider.
btw you might pay extra on insurance for the repsol version :/ makes zero sense but I would almost wager that is how insurance companies will look at it.

Reactions: Ndx
Jawa 350 lol that was a pretty interesting bike, did you have the sidecar for it?
The bike is almost worthless now but the side hacks are apparently worth crazy money.

your age might help a bit
car driving record will not help with bike rating at all

new vs used only affects the collision pricing
as replacement value is usually less for used
liability premium will not be affected

if you have home and car insurance
trying to bundle the bike with them can save some $$

the starter 250's are neat but have skinny little tires and are badly under powered
a ninja 300 would be much more fun and you'd probably be content with it longer than a 250

Are 300 nijna tires any fatter ? Lol
What should I expect ball park for 300 in Hamilton ? Any ideas ?

yeah the 300's are much less bicycle looking/riding

wouldn't expect to be under a grand/year

The thing to look for is, can it run a radial tire imho they are that much better in rain and wet weather performance is what I want most on any street motorcycle.

Thx guys ....

I might lean more towards 300 it seem like it's looking like 500-600 actually... Not that I care about lool

Reactions: J_F
CBR500R is probably a good one to comparison shop, is a lot more motorcycle, not overly inspiring in stock tune but very capable performer,
I think they can even fit diablo rosso corsa tires (y)

Back
Top Bottom