Bent/dented Rim | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bent/dented Rim

just curious

Site Supporter
No idea of the implications. Just noticed it while washing the bike today. No effects noticed in the mid-100 km/h speeds. How f'd am I?
4de00688.jpg
551b0e6a.jpg
91d428a5.jpg

That isn't that bent.
If you don't notice it while riding and it holds air, you should be fine.

Be aware that that area is now weaker than it was.
If you straighten it, it will still be a weak spot.

That isn't that bent.
If you don't notice it while riding and it holds air, you should be fine.

Be aware that that area is now weaker than it was.
If you straighten it, it will still be a weak spot.

Yea if you don't notice any vibrations usually around 60km + and no air is leaking out, I would still ride on it.

I had a bent front rim just like that, put on over 13000k and no issues at all.
To put your mind at ease I would take it to a honest shop ( like rosey toes) and see what he says.

No idea of the implications. Just noticed it while washing the bike today. No effects noticed in the mid-100 km/h speeds. How f'd am I?

You don't remember hitting something to cause that?

IMO, I wouldn't ride on that. But that's me.

Thats a baby when it comes to dents, heres my last dent amazingly even that still held air. Although it had a very noticeable wobble even at low speeds so I changed it

IMG_0528-1.jpg

You don't remember hitting something to cause that?

IMO, I wouldn't ride on that. But that's me.

Thanks for the replies.

1st bike this season, put 10k on it with no effects noticed. I've never put it down or hit anything, as for the four owners and 50k before me, I'm sure its been down more than once.

Going to take it to the shop tomorrow for an opinion, but it holds air, doesn't wobble and a couple engineering friends have said its alright so we'll see.

Thanks for the replies.

1st bike this season, put 10k on it with no effects noticed. I've never put it down or hit anything, as for the four owners and 50k before me, I'm sure its been down more than once.

Going to take it to the shop tomorrow for an opinion, but it holds air, doesn't wobble and a couple engineering friends have said its alright so we'll see.

What shop is open on labor day?

That's nothing. If you are keeping the bike, leave it. If you are selling it, have it repaired just so you don't scare off newbs and potential buyers.

Back
Top Bottom