Been thinking about a Harley... | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Been thinking about a Harley...

A fat boy for a Phat boy. Purple is just icing on the cake! Lol.

It's Harley's best selling soft tail for a reason. It's also one of its longest run for a soft tail model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's also just short of 3X more than what I paid for my far better equipped metric, with *half* the mileage on it.

'Just sayin.
attachment.php

And rightfully so. Imitations typically cost less. 3X less in some cases. 'sup?

Now you've gone and hurt my feeling.

Dang, I was giving a compliment to the frugality and sincerest form of flattery of the situation. Is your feeling in the butt?:p Will you be able to ride home?

Will you be able to ride home?

I saved so much on my bike and my insurance every month vs a Harley that I can afford to hire someone to get it home for me. ;)

Leave the guy alone, buy the Harley, call it a day...emotional need met, check
bike blows up or you don't like it anymore then buy a metric...logical need met, check
/

So here is my two cents worth

Nothing wrong with Harleys, I have owned five and have donenothing more them maintenance. Don’t believe all the crap you here from peoplewho have never only owned one. Out of the 25 bikes that I have owned, I havefound Harley to be the cheapest bike over all, as long as you buy them used andat the right price.

A couple of Guys have recommended the sportier Harleys. If Iwanted to go fast, Harley would be the last bike I would buy. Try the more traditionalHarleys

That being said, if you can pull it off, keep the sport bikeand buy the Harley ( best of both worlds )

I saved so much on my bike and my insurance every month vs a Harley that I can afford to hire someone to get it home for me. ;)

And it's a better bike and it's a lot cheaper. Now I forgot which side I'm on. I'll have to check my previous posts.

A fat boy for a Phat boy. Purple is just icing on the cake! Lol.

It's Harley's best selling soft tail for a reason. It's also of its longest run for a soft tail model.

Clever. ? and cake too
Joe! It's PURPLE! Your favorite color! What are you waiting for?
I can't seem to open the link....oh yeah, and I don’t have the $$$$!
Also, have trouble with comfort on the Fat Boy. The Fat Boy Lo however....
Joe doesn't like to walk.
You know me so well ?
"Walk" can also be replaced with : run, exercise, work, get off the sofa, you get the idea.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

And rightfully so. Imitations typically cost less. 3X less in some cases. 'sup?

it's called real deal vs wannabe, pretender, poseur etc,

it's also about bottom lines and price of admission,

there is nothing else even close out there in terms of support for a product,

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,

if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand

op, if you want and have the means, plus you have never owned one, your options are do it, or get off the pot

We gots ourselves a forest full of trees. I knew it was bound to happen someday. HD rider calls somebody else a poser.

I bought a used Harley Rocker C this year and so far it has been great. I have never owned a Harley and have pretty much only ridden sport bikes for the last 20 years. The bike is heavy and the brakes are terrible compared to my gsxr but I didn't buy it to go fast or brake on a dime. The brakes do work well and stop the bike quite nicely. I bought it because I wanted one. Would I go back to a sport bike maybe but for now riding the Harley is an absolute blast. Do I care what other riders/ people think about what I ride NO. It was my money and my choice.

I had the same perception before I bought one that they were crap. For what it is worth the fit and finish of the bike is fantastic and it has been very reliable. It does not leak/ burn oil. Buy one and if you don't like it sell it and try something else. Harley's do have is great resell value.

The one drawback to owing a Harley is insurance. My yearly premium $1080 but 25% is for the privilege of owing a Harley.

I decided to upgrade my Honda VTX 1300 last year and bought this. Image1466040734.218250.jpg

It lasted 400 kms before I was tboned by a car making a U-turn in the middle of the Hwy.
So this year I replaced the write off with this Image1466040857.787107.jpg
I've been able to get 2700 kms on this one so far. Well worth the change

Back in the early 1990s, the Toronto Police bought several BMWs.
K1000s for the Traffic unit and K750s for the divisions.
They all sat in the lockups being used rarely if at all.
Why? They weren't Harleys.
IMO the Beemers were technically superior in every aspect.
But the coppers image of themselves on a Harley wouldn't transfer to the BMW.
Not that I'm complaining.
I got my K1000 at the police auction. It was 10 years old and only had 20,000 km on it.

I got my K1000 at the police auction. It was 10 years old and only had 20,000 km on it.

further proof of what many people on here already know...most cops are pretty dumb

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by statsman

further proof of what many people on here already know...most cops are pretty dumb

You just reminded me of a convo I had with an OPP biker cop. She was cool and decent to talk to, she rode a GSXR.
I asked her why do you guys ride Harleys, they are slow and can't keep upwith most bikes today.
She said I know, once I hit 110-120 I stop because it vibrates like hell and likely to blow. She does not go above 110kmh.

She further said the reason they buy/have them is for parades. I said huh...she said the older guys buy these to show off and they want to ride Harleys so this is what we get handed down to us to ride on the street.

It would make more sense to run some Busa's or Kawi's even Honda St1300 type bikes.
They can carry gear, offer safer options e.g. abs, traction control, etc...

Back
Top Bottom