Backroad adventure | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Backroad adventure

I just got an adv bike so I will be following this thread closely.

Today I spent some time riding around dirt and gravel roads in the honeywood/kilgorie area.

Tomorrow I'm planning to ride to the Bancroft area and explore some side roads there, not sure whether they're paved or not as there is no google street view on them, but now that I have an adv bike it doesn't matter if they're not paved.

If anyone knows any good dirt/gravel roads reasonably close (few hrs) from the GTA please let me know.

Bumping an old thread. Can anyone tell me how rough is swift rapids road? Could it be done with a stock CB500X? Hoping to get out there this weekend.

I ride my CB500X with TKC80 tires through Ganny, just have to be careful of the low ground clearance.

Sounds interesting. Where abouts is this road? I searched Pit Road, Arden Road and Tamworth Road with no results.
Central Frontenac -> Pit Rd <- no idea if this will work

Got up to Swift Rapids Road yesterday. Had a great time. Great road, twisty and hilly. Couldnt make it to the lock as it was gated off. I was concerned that there would be a lot of traffic there but I didn't see a single person.
M3121lP.jpg

uGb2Se8.jpg

Arcol Road to Hydro Line Road Arcol Rd <- North of Ompah.
The area is vast, don't get lost or crash alone back there, could be a while before anybody finds your body.

You'd like Pit Road off the Arden/Tamworth Road, that goes for miles and has serious backwoods trails & sand pits.
I used to have a place on Sharbot. I rode those roads on my TS200R, Brewers to Mountain Grove, then Clark over to Arden. Pit Road was fun, but if I recall it's a dead end. Taught my boys to ride on those backroads.

... Pit Road was fun, but if I recall it's a dead end. Taught my boys to ride on those backroads.
More or less, depends on how off road you can go, snowmobile trails go forever back there now.
... do you know the blueberry mountain trail ? we occasionally trials ride that whole area.

Last edited:
Arcol Road to Hydro Line Road Arcol Rd <- North of Ompah.
The area is vast, don't get lost or crash alone back there, could be a while before anybody finds your body.

Interesting set of roads... how much if a road is Arcol? Is it proper dirt road traveled by cottagers or wide trail, similar to Pencil lake road for instance? Hydro Line Road makes it sounds like hydroline trails, which sounds exciting...

Interesting set of roads... how much if a road is Arcol? Is it proper dirt road traveled by cottagers or wide trail, similar to Pencil lake road for instance? Hydro Line Road makes it sounds like hydroline trails, which sounds exciting...
Arcol Road is the end of the good road, gets increasingly more difficult as you proceed west on Hydro Line Rd.
These were taken in that same area, little further south of Hydro Line Rd. very pretty spot.
wheelie-1.jpg

Jordan Szoke riding some crazy **** that was probably in an area you might not want to venture into lol.
ompah19-zps4pzjaeuq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom