Backroad adventure | GTAMotorcycle.com

Backroad adventure

Iceman

Ran Swift Rapids rd yesterday along with some other fun trails. Spent 45 minutes getting unstuck from a 2' mud hole, fun times!
9ace118ce21b64e7581876a2d7e0eb12.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Completely disagree. That's what they are there for.

@Iceman - Pictures please, or it didn't happen.
I agree. That bike is WAY too clean.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

That was the before shot. After I got it out of the mud hole I was too sweaty and had attracted to many blackflies and mosquitos to even think of pics lol. If I had one of of my friends with me I would've had help getting it out and to laugh at me while they took the pictures.

That was the before shot. After I got it out of the mud hole I was too sweaty and had attracted to many blackflies and mosquitos to even think of pics lol. If I had one of of my friends with me I would've had help getting it out and to laugh at me while they took the pictures.

It's too bad you live in the opposite end of the GTA. I would have loved to laugh and take pictures.

I should have messaged you today so we can do this together.

6a0a1accf69cae2660a13c020d72b1c0.jpg

Last edited:
It's too bad you live in the opposite end of the GTA. I would have loved to laugh and take pictures.

I should have messaged you today so we can do this together.

6a0a1accf69cae2660a13c020d72b1c0.jpg
You were in the same shape I was lol. I just assumed you'd be out on the new yamaha again. We'll have to set something up soon.

You were in the same shape I was lol. I just assumed you'd be out on the new yamaha again. We'll have to set something up soon.

Nope. He still insists on riding street bikes too.

I was too sweaty and had attracted to many blackflies and mosquitos to even think of pics lol.

I've been in a similar situation, but got rescued. Buddy and I were riding the fire road from his cottage to the trails. A torrential storm the night before had left some of the low areas flooded. Were running a submerged section a hundred yards long up to the cases, and sucked some water into the airbox. Pulled out the tools to pull the plug and get the motor dried out......then the mosquitos came. Was frantically try to swat and wrench to get going and get the hell out of there, then saw a squadron of a couple of dozen dragonflies coming down the access road about a foot off the deck like out of the beach scene in Apocalypse Now (queue Ride of the Valkyrie). They split up and buzzed us, wiping out the swarm of mosquitos in a matter of minutes, then left. Spent the next 5 minutes or so in peace getting the bike going, and we were off and running.

44381_107386672651424_2929704_n_zpsylwlhyzu.jpg

That's what happens when you use the wrong hole on the "backroad"

gigiti

I have to. Dirt bikes are no good for the street. I can't ride the YZ250FX from Ontario to Newfoundland.

But you could on a KLR650 and then enjoy every gravel road along the way too.

Bumping an old thread. Can anyone tell me how rough is swift rapids road? Could it be done with a stock CB500X? Hoping to get out there this weekend.

Bumping an old thread. Can anyone tell me how rough is swift rapids road? Could it be done with a stock CB500X? Hoping to get out there this weekend.
It is totally doable. However they closed the road to public access last week. Too many people leaving garbage everywhere.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

It is totally doable. However they closed the road to public access last week. Too many people leaving garbage everywhere.
Too many Pigs leaving garbage everywhere.

I put a 2$ bag tag on my bike once to go riding in the local township landfill site, the dump attendant just laughed and said go for it.

Too many Pigs leaving garbage everywhere.

I put a 2$ bag tag on my bike once to go riding in the local township landfill site, the dump attendant just laughed and said go for it.

What a shame. I've been looking at this road for years. Hopefully it's still open.

Thanks Iceman.

Another member posted saying that it would be closed as of June 10. Did they close it off early?

Swift Rapids Road
I just checked on Fb, it is June 10. However they have organized a volunteer clean up on June 15, trying to convince the county to keep access open.
The County has responded by providing three large dumpsters to allow for removal. That's promising.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

What a shame. I've been looking at this road for years. Hopefully it's still open.
You'd like Pit Road off the Arden/Tamworth Road, that goes for miles and has serious backwoods trails & sand pits.

You'd like Pit Road off the Arden/Tamworth Road, that goes for miles and has serious backwoods trails & sand pits.
Sounds interesting. Where abouts is this road? I searched Pit Road, Arden Road and Tamworth Road with no results.

Back
Top Bottom