Backfiring, stalling, and throatier than usual | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Backfiring, stalling, and throatier than usual

arogal

So the PC is still connected eh?
Ya PCV is still connected. You really think that's the issue eh? Maybe I will prop the tank, take air boxoff again and put back in the stock connectors to injectors. I have my mind set on an intermittent electrical issue/short/ground/switch/sensor issue. Pisses me off though because when shes running good, shes running goooood! So Mechanically everything is peachy

boyoboy

hmmm. I think you made a thread not long ago about your wiring harness being in the wrong position and lying on top of the rad? Add to that the missing bolt you described and me wonders what has gone on around there. Check all the connections that could be affected by movement or vibration...and make sure there are no melted wires from the harness sitting on the rad ? Do this while you have things opened up to replace the missing bolt. best luck.

EDIT and take your bike for a longer ride w the pc disconnected.

Relax

While you're checking things, you might as well look at the throttle position sensor too. I had one go bad and it caused driveability problems at part throttle, including backfiring/"sneezing" through the airbox.

arogal

I cleaned a connector under my stator that was completely gunked up. It leads towards kickstand switch and gear position switch. I temporarily stuffed a rag towel between the battery and the frame so there is no more wiggling/bouncing around of the compartment that contains battery, wires, ecu, and main relay. Went out for a ride for over an hour last night afwards and not one single hic up. Bike was running beautiful. Fingers crossed either one of the things i did fixed the issue.
Only time since the issue started the bike ran that well for so long

Last edited:

arogal

Update folks.
I have put about 150 km on my bike since Friday evening. Haven't had a hiccup since! It was either the loose compartment under my seat causing the battery, ECU, and main relay to get all wacky, or the gunked up connection that leads towards kickstand/gear shifter was cutting out.
Electrical can be a nightmare....it can be something so little that can cause such antics.

Top Bottom