Back in the GTA (sort of) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Back in the GTA (sort of)

Priller

Hi folks,

Not sure who reads these, but figured it'd be as good a place as any to start...

I've recently moved back to Ontario after about 13 years in and around Vancouver. I currently ride a 2018 Aprilia Tuono RR, bone stock except for K-Tech shock and fork cartridges.

I also used to hang around on the old CMG Online Soapbox, if anyone here remembers it. I think a lot of the old guard have either moved on or passed on (RIP Bondo and Editor 'Arris), but I was known as gmazza back then...

My bike history before the Tuono is as follows:

- '88 Hawk GT - amazing until I over-tuned it, destroying mileage with a peanut-sized tank
- '08 ZX-14 - too fast in the straights, too slow in the corners
- '07 ZX-10R - Loved it, rode everywhere but dirt, underrated because it followed the (overrated) Gen1 10R

Impressions on returning to Ontario are that insurance is just as stupid here as I remember (ICBC is kind to sportbikes), and that I'm going to have to work harder than I used to in order to find nice roads. There's a slightly better selection of tracks, though, so I suspect more track days are in my future.

Looking forward to getting to know some decent folks and possibly finding some who ride The Pace. My old riding buddies here got old and stopped riding...

Back
Top Bottom