B.R.O. thoughts? | GTAMotorcycle.com

B.R.O. thoughts?

timtune

Site Supporter
Was handed a BRO flyer (Bikers rights origanization) at the show and was told it's only $20 to join. Read the flyer and most of it sounds good until I get to the "let those who ride decide" part. Mandatory helmet laws just make sense. Just because you don't care does that mean EMTs have to be traumatized by scraping up your grey matter off the street in a best case scenario or clogging up the hospitals in the worst case.

Was handed a BRO flyer (Bikers rights origanization) at the show and was told it's only $20 to join. Read the flyer and most of it sounds good until I get to the "let those who ride decide" part. Mandatory helmet laws just make sense. Just because you don't care does that mean EMTs have to be traumatized by scraping up your grey matter off the street in a best case scenario or clogging up the hospitals in the worst case.

I’m not that sure I’d trust any communication material from people who don’t care about their brains that much.

They've been around a long time I think. I recall being cornered by them, or their predecessor once many years ago.

I'm not really sure what they're still on about. Helmet laws are entrenched and here to stay for good reason, though I did see a Sikh MC club booth at the show where a guy was explaining their perspective in relation. I doubt BRO is planning on advocating for lane splitting or filtering, so what's left?

What's it say on the flyer?

While I would never ride without a helmet, I believe in personal responsibility and choice, particularly where on balance there is no material cost to society.

Society says I need to wear a helmet for my own protection. Same society provides free narcotics and injection sites to heroin mom.

I think you guys are reading too much into this...

My issue: govt. making exemptions for helmet laws on religious reasons... which is b.s.

Sikhs don't have to wear a turban. Its not a requirement... it doesn't mean one is more devout than another... its a personal religious choice.

Make it a personal choice across the board. I'll wear a helmet regardless of the law. I like my brain where it is.

Preferential treatment isn't equality.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I think you guys are reading too much into this...

My issue: govt. making exemptions for helmet laws on religious reasons... which is b.s.

Sikhs don't have to wear a turban. Its not a requirement... it doesn't mean one is more devout than another... its a personal religious choice.

Make it a personal choice across the board. I'll wear a helmet regardless of the law. I like my brain where it is.

Preferential treatment isn't equality.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Agree completely. Make it fair for everyone, one way or the other.

Kinda like being cornered by Jehovah's Witnesses.

What's it say on the flyer?
Mostly that they advocate on behalf of MC safety. Alot it is spot on but it's just the helmet thing throws.

And ever increasing portion of society has forgotten that operating a motor vehicle on public roads is a privilege, not a right.
That portion includes government and justice system. It would be simple enough for government to clean up testing a bunch (Mandatory six month waiting period after failed test, mandatory testing near your home, etc). Driving is called a privilege but substantially treated as a right.

Why? Your license is good anywhere.
Yes, but statistically, you drive far more often near your home. A large percentage of brampton gets tested in Orangeville or Lindsay where there are no divided highways. They are obviously gaming the system to compensate for their inability to handle roads near their house (that they will often be driving on after receiving their license).

Why? Your license is good anywhere.

Like greyghost said, people from high density areas with questionable skills and abilities to begin with go to far flung sleepy one-stoplight towns for their road tests, pass, and then come back and join the melee that is GTA roads. The results, well, I think we've all seen that.

Like greyghost said, people from high density areas with questionable skills and abilities to begin with go to far flung sleepy one-stoplight towns for their road tests, pass, and then come back and join the melee that is GTA roads. The results, well, I think we've all seen that.
And many of the people in those area's come from places where ultra aggressive, no rules driving is considered normal. They game the system and go back to their old ways..

Lots are just trying to get a test in a reasonable time frame because wait times are shorter in the boonies. Both my kids did the same - but only to speed the process.

Back
Top Bottom