Autoclub Speedway - Fontana, CA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Autoclub Speedway - Fontana, CA

Metastable

Hey Peeps,

Now that I am more west coast than I am east coast... I get to hit up some different tracks. Mind you I miss Mid-O, Mosport, Jennings etc... This past week we visited some friends in Redlands and I hit up a couple of trackdays with Fastrack at Autoclub Speedway.

Fastrack - like Pro 6 puts on a first class event. They actually have 2 ambulances at the track, so there are no ambulance delays.... and they don't have a lunch hour, they give the marshals 10minutes ... and that's about it. The marshals are very good, always paying attention and helping you avoid debris etc. Another cool thing is that the crash trucks/fire crews that work the car racing events are also there for the trackday. The riders meeting is to the point and informative. Everyone also gets a transponder at Tech and everyone gets a garage (no extra charge) at Autoclub trackdays.

The Track - Man it is a bit different. Yes it is an oval with a road course in the middle, kinda like Daytona. It's a bit odd because it is a FAST track with SLOW corners. Imagine Cayuga with 4 really fast sections and 2 of them being Super quick with HEAVY braking. The front straight you can top out in 6th. It took a while to get use to it, but by the second day I was having a riot.

I want to go back.

You can see pictures of the event at www.caliphotography.com some fairly well known folks in there on the Saturday and Wera race day on Sunday.

Last edited:
That sounds like a blast! I'm glad you had fun out there. I myself haven't been to a track with my bike but i sure as hell want to try it out one day

Good to hear you're still getting out and riding! No chance of you getting to Laguna Seca anytime soon then?

Good to hear you're still getting out and riding! No chance of you getting to Laguna Seca anytime soon then?

Laguna is a bit of a PIA... you need a full stock exhaust, sometimes safety wire which I don't have and a few other things that most trackdays don't need.

I forgot to mention, I have signed up for a Canadian Thanksgiving weekend trackday at Spring Mountain near Vegas (not to be confused with Las Vegas Speedway). Doing the Sat/Sun in case anyone is interested. It looks like a fun track, never been. Anyway, if you guys feel like doing some west coast trackdays in the winter or any other time, let me know.... I'll see if I can join you guys. Chuckwalla is good year round, but too hot in summer.... perfect in winter.

You guys can also rent a track bike with these guys for Autoclub events and Vegas Area events too:
http://www.xtrememotorcyclerental.com/faqs.htm

Back
Top Bottom