Australian V8 motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Australian V8 motorcycle

Michael0124

Site Supporter
Uhhh, wut? Apparently a few years old but first I've heard of it, is it just me or is this insane?

I bet that would go Zoom!
__?________________________________________________________________?__?__?__?__?__ me maw me maw ...

I'd like to ride it for 10 minutes the same way I would like to take a turbo busa for a quick twirl. Much longer then that and I think bad things would start to happen.

I wonder what insurance would be in Ontario.
Try and get it classified as a sport tourer so insurance is 20% of what it would be. Ontario might be the only place in the world where a R6 powered FZ6 sport tourer is $1000 a year but the R6 is $5000, or a torque monster FZ09 is $2000.

That bike looks like fun. Probably a custom bottom end with 2 motorcycle heads.

180k though? IDK bout that

Those Aussies are nuts when it comes to their vehicles, and I say that with the utmost respect and admiration. Can't blame them, pretty long wide open roads to play on.

If you go one kilometre over the speed limit and get caught in Australia, you will be booked and lose points from your licence.
There are fixed cameras and hidden ones everywhere. Quite the "nanny state" atleast when it comes to cars/bikes.
Unlike in North America where you can usually do a little more than the speed limit and be left alone.
Aside from that Aussies are pretty nuts indeed

Last edited:
Those Aussies are nuts when it comes to their vehicles, and I say that with the utmost respect and admiration. Can't blame them, pretty long wide open roads to play on.
It was interesting driving around parts of Oz. You would be on a small crappy gravel road and get a sign saying the next town was in 160 km. Awesome if you are exploring, not so awesome if you just want to get somewhere.

As far as the OP's post. I love that people do these projects. I wouldn't want to own one. The thing that makes them awesome also makes them almost impossible to use. If you have problems with the engine, repairs will be astronomically expensive at best. At worst, it may be irrepairable (can you imagine dropping off a broken crank at a shop and asking them to make a new one for you without drawings or specs of the original part?). The best frankenbikes for me are the parts bin specials where they tell you what they used (eg. 2xGSXR blocks mated to a lightened LS crank on LS bearings). The only full custom part is the V block that every bolts too and it should never be signficantly hurt (and in that small percentage, most could be repaired). I would hope you could find stock cams from something that could work, but if not my whole idea may be out the window (maybe parallel twin cams joined with a coupler so they could be indexed for proper firing order?)

You would be on a small crappy gravel road and get a sign saying the next town was in 160 km.

Or get gas...

IMG_20141020_130715-1024x576.jpg

In Queensland 5 kph over is tolerated but not much else. That said there are some areas where 130 kph is legal. And yeah lots of photo radar.

There's a video on YouTube of a V12 bike a guy made by bolting two CBX engines together (to put it simply).

Agree on the sound.

God the rad on that thing is awful. It looks like they did the best they could. It's an interesting shape, it's just so big.

Needs a fairing, then you won't see the rad ;)

Agree on the sound.

God the rad on that thing is awful. It looks like they did the best they could. It's an interesting shape, it's just so big.
Yet the oil cooler on my CBX is like 6"X1".

Not that I think it works very well.

Back
Top Bottom