Aug 5 Moto Gymkhana Basics | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aug 5 Moto Gymkhana Basics

N234

unnamed.jpg

MOTO GYMKHANA BASIC TECHNIQUES
The event will be on August 5, 12-4pm in Puslinch, Ontario, between Mississauga and Cambridge (https://goo.gl/maps/zXR2LtuM9mrpN2bF9). Limited spaces and first come first serve.
Fees are $60/rider.
You’ll enjoy 4 hours of fun and safe riding that you can take with you wherever you go.
Agenda:
- Riders meeting to introduce the sport of moto gymkhana and motorcycle handling techniques.
- Various exercises that focus on the fundamental riding skills that will add confidence and safety to both street riding and sport riding.
- Various moto gymkhana layouts where you will apply and refine your technique in a more natural way. This will turn the individual exercises into muscle memory where it can be used quickly in different situations.
What you will leave with:
* A better understanding of how your bike handles.
* A better understanding of moto gymkhana and how the sport can improve your riding.
* Improved riding abilities that will make you a better and safer rider.
All riders must have a valid motorcycle license, a legal registered motorcycle, a legal helmet (full gear is always recommended).
Apply at https://www.ontariomotogk.com/registraion.

Who runs/teaches this? Anybody here know anything about it?

Who runs/teaches this? Anybody here know anything about it?
Thanks for asking.

I've run Ontario Moto Gymkhana since 2019. I have been training motogymkhana for 7 years. OMG started in 2019 as a group of riders who wanted to practice together.

With the help of some experienced riders and Moto Gymkhana North America, me and other volunteers host beginner classes to help introduce people to the sport.

We're a non-profit and our goal is to grow the motogk community in the region. It's fun as hell and makes you safer.

Feel free to ask any other questions here, or reach out directly to info@ontariomotogk.com.

Follow us on Facebook, Insta, and our website.
fc42172f2140d1a617a287a4fde09921.jpg
ea35820151c27c6f9d0d5d928ce8f2b1.jpg
a24e4b9f2739e45553eec562fe8c9617.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sounds like an abbreviated version of the Canada Safety Council course I taught in the 80s.

Sounds like an abbreviated version of the Canada Safety Council course I taught in the 80s.

Quite likely. The course has a similar structure to the basic MSF course, and has similar exercises to the technical riding and motor police courses.

We know that not every rider will continue into moto gymkhana competition, so the focus is on safety, control, and building skills for use anywhere. Not racing.

Back
Top Bottom