ATTN Photographers - Need Camera Recommendations! | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ATTN Photographers - Need Camera Recommendations!

My camera has been in manual mode since I bought it. Trial and error and the progress has been night and day. I started shooting in jpeg in the beginning but switched to raw a short while after.

That being said, I need a high aperture lens with *some* zoom, not a crazy range but something reasonable. Canon lenses are $$$... what aftermarket companies are best?

My camera has been in manual mode since I bought it. Trial and error and the progress has been night and day. I started shooting in jpeg in the beginning but switched to raw a short while after.

That being said, I need a high aperture lens with *some* zoom, not a crazy range but something reasonable. Canon lenses are $$$... what aftermarket companies are best?

Sigma has good quality lenses.

Is this edited?

No..straight off the camera. I have a 75- 300 mm lens (600mm eq) but it needs good light usually but the camera in body stabilisation is pretty good.

edit: I took about 150 shots of these and I’m really happy with maybe 3 or 4. The buggers were hard to catch in flight as my panning skills aren’t the best.

I have a Tamron 70-200 2.8, which was expensive, but not as expensive as the Nikon EF version.

There's no one after market brand that's best for all ranges. Here are some sharp third party lenses I recommend, which I have either owned or used:

1. Wide angle - Tokina 11-16 DX 2.8
2. Normal - Tokina AT-X 24-70 2.8 Pro FX
3. Telephoto - Tamron 70-200 2.8 VCII G lens
4. Super Zoom - Sigma 150-600 5-6.3 DG OS

Primarily, it depends on what kind of photography you like doing. You don't need fast lenses for the entire range; If you're not sure, then getting the "Normal" range lense would be a good place to start. And add a 50mm prime to your kit. Wonderful, fast and cheap!

I'm glad I got into photography, man. Great hobby. Some of my personal favourites that I shot recently:

50906462683_9fae1083f9_c.jpg

50907161886_7f3ac579a9_c.jpg

50907160491_a5263dd74a_c.jpg
Excellent shots! Glad it's working out for you.
Yeah it's a fun hobby, great way to see and explore. I joined some photography groups in Toronto and I miss meeting up with them. It was a great way to influence and sharpen your skills to compare to other people, and just all around fun times.

Bloor west is a good spot for street photography
025_bloorWest_jan5_2020.jpg
014_bloorWest_jan5_2020.jpg

I think I recognize your skyline from Poslen Pier
004_toronto_july-8-2015.jpg

I thought I would have more time to shoot with the Pandemic going on, but I needed to focus on other issues :(

Sigma and Tamron seem to be the most used/mentioned aftermarket lense's. I've never personally used them so I can't speak from experience. But investing in good glass is worth it. I thought photography was an expensive hobby (you just want to by lots of lenses) until I started motorcycling..... :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom