Attach helmet to bike or carry at all times | GTAMotorcycle.com

Attach helmet to bike or carry at all times

o0ollo0o

I was just thinking...

Is there a way to securely attach your helmet to the bike so you don't have to lug it around or is this not recommended?

If it's not recommended or there is no secure way to lock it to the bike. I suppose I'm just suppose to carry it around...

Let me know, I'm getting my new Honda CBR250RA this Monday!

search for a thread about a guy who had his helmet ****** in when he left it attached to his bike ... you should find your answer there!

Plus - it just takes someone with a sharp knife to be off with your lid ...

Edit: the stars refer to relieving yourself ...

when im out on the bike and stop somewhere the helmet comes with me everywhere i go...one cuz it cost me 800bucks and 2 so i dont look like one of the retards that wear a motorcycle jacket but dont own a bike that i see so much walking around my local mall.

I take it everywhere with me. I can't lock it or I would. I would suggest u buy a backpack to carry it around in.

me.. I just flip helmet on the mirror,, and put my gloves on the nacelle... never been touched afaik..
the odd time I might be worried about it,, I have a regular padlock I use ,
and I carry a cable lock,, as sometimes I leave my jacket hanging over the seat.. but with this threaded thru the arms,, and thru the helmet
a combination is easy ,,if you get a key style,, then you need to carry the key with you, when I go to the beach, I don't like to have the keys on me.. so I have a key box too ! to put the ignition key in,,

combination-cable-lock.jpg

http://www.bmwrt.com/images/balllock.jpg
http://www.bmwrt.com/images/GWBeemer4.jpg

6381581-traditional-real-estate-combination-key-holder-lock-box-isolated-on-white.jpg

so i dont look like one of the retards that wear a motorcycle jacket but dont own a bike that i see so much walking around my local mall.

I personally can't see myself carrying a helmet while I walked through the mall. I bring it with me at work, but that's due to midnight shift and condensation forming early morning. I thought all bikes had helmet locks. I have too much faith in people because if someone is retarded enough to cut the strap, hence making the helmet useless, than I believe that Karma will take care of them for me.

Mount a top box on the rear of the bike and put your helmet in there. Top boxes also come in handy to carry your stuff home from the mall. When you don't want or need the top box they are easy to remove, leaving just the mounting shelf on the bike.

leave it on your bike if you have one of those cheap lids like hjc, icon...otherwise, my rf-1100 comes with me.

If you lift the seat there should be a hook that you attach the helmet to then secure the seat again.

This is the only pic I could find on google...

DSCF0013.jpg

Last edited:
doesnt your hellmet came with a bag???. if so, use that abd put it in ur compartment when not needed.

My helmet is either on my head, in my hands, or within eyesight, if it's out of my house and never on the ground. I treat it like it's the only thing that's protecting my head.......

i would leave it on bike (or rather, secured on bike).
i'm a student, so i wouldn't want to carry a big helmet wherever my lectures are, it's already heavy with my bag...but i guess, if you rent a locker, you can put it in there....

the only place i've bothered to lock my helmet is at dover, otherwise it comes with me... I picked up an icon tank bag that converts into a backpack that has a section for the helmet...

Why did you lock your helmet at Dover??? One of the few places I've felt my helmet was safe!

Stealing or messing with someone's helmet has got to be the lowest form of life...but I always leave mine in my side or top case.

helmet is almost always in my sight... even when i grab a coffee, i'll either bring it in or lock it down.

when i do leave the bike (ie walking campus) i will take the helmet with me... too expensive to leave about and i already have bad thoughts of leaving my bike... don't need something else shiny to attract people...

that helmet is to protect my knoggin...it comes with me everywhere unless there is a vault i can lock it in...if i need to carry a spare i just use a back pack...but i never leave my helmet on my bike...NEVER...

Back
Top Bottom