Aston Martin AMB001 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aston Martin AMB001

I normally appreciate more options but I don't like this. Some very questionable design choices (tank blocking tft is one) and some dodgy co-branding to part rich people from their money. When I think of Aston Martin, a turbocharged v-twin is not the right engine for them. Make it 250k and give it an inline 6 and it would be more on form.

Last edited:
I normally appreciate more options but I don't like this. Some very questionable design choices (tank blocking tft is one) and some dodgy co-branding to part rih people from their money. When I think of Aston Martin, a turbocharged v-twin is not the right engine for them. Make it 250k and give it an inline 6 and it would be more on form.

I feel the same about the "Lamborghini" editions of some Ducati models. It's ridiculous having a "car" version of a motorcycle, regardless of the parent company affiliations.

If it gets rich car collectors excited about $200,000 bikes which drives the market to that pricing model, not so great.
I think of it more in the view that I had pictures of Lamborghinis and Porsches on my wall as a kid.

If a kid puts a poster of this bike on their wall, maybe they buy a Ninja 250 when the time comes.

I normally appreciate more options but I don't like this. Some very questionable design choices (tank blocking tft is one) and some dodgy co-branding to part rich people from their money. When I think of Aston Martin, a turbocharged v-twin is not the right engine for them. Make it 250k and give it an inline 6 and it would be more on form.
Many years ago I walked into a GM dealership and a salesman excitedly told me they were bringing back the Malibu.

I said "Great, I want a RWD V-8 two door". No. It's a four door FWD with a four banger. We brought back the name, not the car.

From a motorcycle standpoint, it's not what I think of when I think of Brough Superior.

I can't envision T.E. Lawrence riding that tarted up thing.

I get what they were going for with the TFT dashboard. It's still the worst execution of one I have seen in my life

I am glad that we all get to try out and express new ideas, and that we can learn from even the worst ones

I get what they were going for with the TFT dashboard. It's still the worst execution of one I have seen in my life

I am glad that we all get to try out and express new ideas, and that we can learn from even the worst ones
They could have saved the idea if they made the tip of that protrusion a light pipe. Effectively bring what is displayed on that section of TFT to the top of the ridge as a cool trick. When key is on and bike stationary, just have it glow dark green like a crystal.

Many years ago I walked into a GM dealership and a salesman excitedly told me they were bringing back the Malibu.

I said "Great, I want a RWD V-8 two door". No. It's a four door FWD with a four banger. We brought back the name, not the car.

Yep, and also this:

Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-electric-SUV-2021-s07.jpg

I feel the same about the "Lamborghini" editions of some Ducati models. It's ridiculous having a "car" version of a motorcycle, regardless of the parent company affiliations.

I thought the Dodge Tomahawk was kinda cool... as a marketing exercise to showcase their Viper V10 engine...

fastest_bike_in_the_world_dodge_tomohawk_srt10_viper8.jpg

Theoretical top speed of 450 km/h...

Theoretical because "sanctity of human life" blah blah blah :rolleyes:

Brough Superior's didn't have an "engine". Over the years they use several different engines and engine suppliers. (never seen one like THAT though)
"Brough Superior" motorcycles wasn't a monolith, there was a few different models, and they were all updated over the years.

Do you know how it was named a Brough Superior?
Mr. Brough made motorcycles. His son, who worked for him, thought he knew better (you know teenagers, they know everything) and told dad they should build a BETTER bike, and with quality, they'll sell more units. arguments ensue.
So the son started making bikes and they WERE superior. At the time a regular big bike would struggle to hit 75mph and a SS100 could CRUISE at 100mph all day. There was also a SS80, that would do 80mph all day. (anyone doing 100mph on 1930's motorcycle tires is either a LOT stupider or a LOT braver that I)
You've never heard of Brough motorcycles have you? Only Superior Broughs. The kid was right. (The whole Lawrence of Arabia thing didn't hurt)
Before WW2 the OPP motorcycle cops had to supply their own bike and Brough's were almost popular...they were 3-5x the price of a Harley or Indian... so not THAT popular, but there was more than two. There's still a few in Southern ontario.

I thought the Dodge Tomahawk was kinda cool... as a marketing exercise to showcase their Viper V10 engine...

fastest_bike_in_the_world_dodge_tomohawk_srt10_viper8.jpg

Theoretical top speed of 450 km/h...

Theoretical because "sanctity of human life" blah blah blah :rolleyes:

I've got nothing against a car manufacturer making a motorcycle, and I thought that was bonkers when they first came out with it. But the Lazareth is still my favorite car-engined bike. Can't wait until they figure out how to make it fly.

I've got nothing against a car manufacturer making a motorcycle, and I thought that was bonkers when they first came out with it. But the Lazareth is still my favorite car-engined bike. Can't wait until they figure out how to make it fly.

Or the other way around, a motorcycle-engined car:

180 hp Hayabusa engine in a SmartCar! :D

Back
Top Bottom