Aprilia Racers Days | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aprilia Racers Days

Priller

Just a heads up that Aprilia is coming to Calabogie and Shannonville this year for their Racers Days track day series.

Calabogie is Monday, August 16th ($280) and Shannonville is Monday, August 23rd ($180). Other than a bunch of Aprilia stuff everywhere, you'll get one guaranteed session on your pick of the RS660, Tuono 660, RSV4 standard and Factory and Tuono 1100 standard and Factory. Subsequent sessions will depend on availability. Pirelli, Dainese and AGV will also be present to make sure your day is as Italian as possible.

They've been doing this on a more limited basis in the US for a few years, so it's cool to see them add a bunch of dates and bring it into Canada.

Here's the link for those interested:

APRILIA RACERS DAYS 2021

Was just typing the same.

Pretty vague language there, so I wouldn't be taking laps at 10/10ths, just to be safe, but it sounds like they want the bikes ridden hard.

SOOOO tempted to register, will they want you to show up with full race suit and snell helmet or can you show up in street riding gear?

SOOOO tempted to register, will they want you to show up with full race suit and snell helmet or can you show up in street riding gear?

over ankle boots? think you'd need higher up than that. someone is going to show up in street sneaker boots
  • What kind of gear do I need to bring?
    • You must have a full faced DOT helmet, gauntlet gloves, a leather suit (or leather two-piece that zips together), over ankle boots.
  • Do I need to bring my own gear to come?
    • It is recommended that you come with your own track gear. Dainese/AGV will be doing some demos on their gear, but no sizes or availability are guaranteed which is why having your own gear is best. (Availability will be limited due to COVID-19 regulations.

Was just typing the same.

Pretty vague language there, so I wouldn't be taking laps at 10/10ths, just to be safe, but it sounds like they want the bikes ridden hard.
It's a little scary as they could stick you with the bill but I expect they would only invoke that clause for clear stupidity (eg passing in corners if not allowed, attempted drifting, etc)

So... this is like a normal track day, where you bring your own bike, but for at least one session you get to take an Aprilia out? And maybe you get to try out some gear as well? Interesting!

Sounds like its the same as every demo day.

If you were doing something stupid, you just bought yourself a bike.
even with bad credit?
Someones gonna go out there and drop a bike at a standstill only to get a new bike

even with bad credit?
Someones gonna go out there and drop a bike at a standstill only to get a new bike
im sure the small print has all the good stuff about taking you to court. "willful destruction of property" yadda yadda

even with bad credit?
I'm sure that barring a total write-off, you cause damage through recklessness or stupidity, they'll hand you a bill but keep the bike and fix it themselves.

So... this is like a normal track day, where you bring your own bike, but for at least one session you get to take an Aprilia out? And maybe you get to try out some gear as well? Interesting!

That pretty much sums it up. Normal track day (with maybe a slightly higher grade of trackside amenities and possibly some free coaching for beginners) with a minimum of one free 20 minute rip on a demo bike with fresh Pirellis as a proper test ride. Cost is similar to a standard track day, just with a few value-added bits.

I suspect letting folks take a few laps on an RSV4 helps sell RSV4's...

They announced this a bit too late for me as I’ve already planned out my track riding for the season. I would have loved to go, but I doubt I can squeeze in another trip to Calabogie. Would really like to try the Tuono 660 especially if my current Tuono gets turned into a full time track bike.

Except unlike that poor cb, when you put humpty dumpty back together again, it may be worth 12k.

depending on the model, MSRP is double that for some.

really interested in this. not familiar but i'm assuming most trackdays ddont provide lunch either.

The answer is obvious. And do you really want to do a few laps in your short shorts and flip flips lol.

The answer is obvious. And do you really want to do a few laps in your short shorts and flip flips lol.
most of my gear is higher end street gear, no flip flops

just too cheap to fork over for a full on leather suit

most of my gear is higher end street gear, no flip flops

just too cheap to fork over for a full on leather suit
at our price point we can't say that anymore :cautious:

They announced this a bit too late for me as I’ve already planned out my track riding for the season. I would have loved to go, but I doubt I can squeeze in another trip to Calabogie. Would really like to try the Tuono 660 especially if my current Tuono gets turned into a full time track bike.
So interested in the Shannonville day... managing that day and a day at Mosport that I've already paid for, 2 weeks apart will be a huge challenge with the employer...

Back
Top Bottom