Aprilia Racer Days | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aprilia Racer Days

killvino

Darn, looks like they might be skipping Canada this year. Unless they have a separate site/page for Canada now.

2022 Aprilia Racer Days

Bummer if true. Did the Shannonville one last year, and took the RS660 and baby Tuono out for a session each. I absolutely loved the RS, and if I trade my Tuono V4, it's top of my list for a replacement. The day I was at was busy but not packed. Could see them deciding three days in Ontario is too many for the market, but any fewer makes the hassle of dragging everything across the border too much to be worthwhile...

I was at both days last year. The # of bikes that got crashed probably made the decision for them.
I thought they did three, one each at Mosport, Shannonville and Calabogie? Maybe I'm misremembering about Mosport...

Regardless, I did hear of at least one RSV4 getting dumped at Shannonville, so you're likely not wrong. The baby Tuono I jumped on towards the end of the day had tires cooked enough to be greasy coming onto the front straight, even at my sedate pace...

I thought they did three, one each at Mosport, Shannonville and Calabogie? Maybe I'm misremembering about Mosport...

Regardless, I did hear of at least one RSV4 getting dumped at Shannonville, so you're likely not wrong. The baby Tuono I jumped on towards the end of the day had tires cooked enough to be greasy coming onto the front straight, even at my sedate pace...
there was 3.

Didn't get to attend any, that sucks if that's really what caused them to back out.
How many crashes did you see TSC?

I suspect it was more insurance/logistics/correlated sales than crashes. If manufacturers were worried about crashes, they wouldn't do these. Even demo rides quickly become a war of attrition. It's embarrassing. At least when you are pushing an unfamiliar bike on a track (especially if they let it go out with tires that have given up) you have an excuse.

there was 3.

Didn't get to attend any, that sucks if that's really what caused them to back out.
How many crashes did you see TSC?
I thought there was only the 2 events. At bogie 2 rsv4s got crashed and at least one other bike. At Shannonvile there was a couple as well. The Aprilia guy running it said there had been no crashes at the US events.

I thought there was only the 2 events. At bogie 2 rsv4s got crashed and at least one other bike. At Shannonvile there was a couple as well. The Aprilia guy running it said there had been no crashes at the US events.
my mistake, remembered wrong. you guys are right, just boogie and shannonville. dont know why I thought it was at ctmp too.

I had heard about all the crashes also. I wanted to attend these last year but was unable to. Looks like I'll never get a chance again here in Canada. I don't understand why someone would take a test ride on a bike that doesn't belong to them and go out on the track and crash it. Very inconsiderate.

Back
Top Bottom