Apprenticeship questions | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Apprenticeship questions

I'm a master of none, came very close though.

... if you need the sh*t to drop faster, you have to build some vertical drops in ;)

So I've worked as an HVAC helper now, as well as plumbers helper/laborer, and Im def leaning towards HVAC, its more interesting, whereas plumbing has a handyman feel to it.

In September I will likely be going to school to get my gas tech license, and furthering my career in HVAC

Sad part is, this is what dads or guidance counselors are supposed to do, instead I am relying on my fellow riders on an internet forum for career advice

Young men are in a sad state of affairs these days :confused:

It's all still just plumbing until you add electricity into the equation.

Commercial sprinklers and other commercial pipe fitting can be super interesting and big payola

My uncle is retired but did very well on oil rigs and a lot had nothing to do with human waste control.

With the right tickets, high demand too.

In Canada I believe there is some need in Atlantic Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've worked as an HVAC helper now, as well as plumbers helper/laborer, and Im def leaning towards HVAC, its more interesting, whereas plumbing has a handyman feel to it.

In September I will likely be going to school to get my gas tech license, and furthering my career in HVAC

Stick it out and get your Gas 1 license.

Trades are good, keep with it. If I wasn't already an electrician, I'd go HVAC in a heartbeat. Interesting stuff.
HVAC also seems to be able to command a ton of money for easy work as many of their calls are emergencies (or at least perceived as such). My BIL's A/C quit in a heat wave, I phone diagnosed it as a bad cap, he called A/C repair guy, $500 later he was running again with a new cap. My A/C quit last night, cap was bad, $20 later I am running again (and I overpaid for the cap as I wanted it quickly and most suppliers won't sell to you without a license).

My A/C quit last night, cap was bad, $20 later I am running again (and I overpaid for the cap as I wanted it quickly and most suppliers won't sell to you without a license).

Same thing happened to me about 4 weeks ago.

Just an fyi for anyone needing a capacitor who doesn’t have a license...I was able to get a cap from Amazon next day (probably could have been same day if I had ordered early enough). Pricing can be hit and miss though so do your due diligence. Cost me $20-$25.

Back on topic...

I worked in the elevator industry for 17 1/2 years.

Most elevator techs in the GTA with full mechanic status were pulling in $150K+ in service. Foremen were > $200K.

Nobody tells you that in high school .

Back on topic...

Most elevator techs in the GTA with full mechanic status were pulling in $150K+ in service. Foremen were > $200K.

Another trade that is grossly understaffed. Also, no poop and the vast majority of the time you are working in climate controlled environments.

Back on topic...

Best trade for sure along with electrical, unfortunately there's such a demand for them yet companies hardly hire apprentices to keep work steady.

Back
Top Bottom