Appraiser in Cambridge area | GTAMotorcycle.com

Appraiser in Cambridge area

I know Paul very well ,,I should have known this!
Thinking, Wayne at Cambridge Custom Cycle should be able too!
Thank you

Just curious as to why an appraisal is needed to transfer ownership?
Tax purposes?

I am in Niagara and need an appraisal on a vintage bike for insurance purposes.
Not having any luck in this area.

Any OMVIC dealer can write an appraisal. There is an appraisal form on the OMVIC site.
The MTO wrote a memo 25 years ago that said if the MTO agent thought you were mis-representing the sale price on the transfer they were to ask for an appraisal. Usually on older bikes as newer bikes trade more often and the MTO has a database of sale prices they compare to. There is NO requirement... only if they SUSPECT mis-representation... but now a lot of MTO agents ask for an appraisal just to cover their ass
Funny thing; when I lived in Mississauga I was asked for an appraisal on EVERY transaction (maybe I look like a crook). When I go to the MTO in Lindsay we all have a good laugh at the $500 purchase price on EVERY bike I buy. The nice lady at Lindsay MTO went and found that memo so I could read it.
when I lived in Mississauga I had a guy that would write anything I wanted on an appraisal.

Call Paul at Performance Cycle in Cambridge.
519-658-5819
Paul told me years ago he was selling and retiring...I bought my FZ6R from him, but when Apex started selling Yami he lost dealership status...didn't think he was still around..

Any OMVIC dealer can write an appraisal. There is an appraisal form on the OMVIC site.
The MTO wrote a memo 25 years ago that said if the MTO agent thought you were mis-representing the sale price on the transfer they were to ask for an appraisal. Usually on older bikes as newer bikes trade more often and the MTO has a database of sale prices they compare to. There is NO requirement... only if they SUSPECT mis-representation... but now a lot of MTO agents ask for an appraisal just to cover their ass
Funny thing; when I lived in Mississauga I was asked for an appraisal on EVERY transaction (maybe I look like a crook). When I go to the MTO in Lindsay we all have a good laugh at the $500 purchase price on EVERY bike I buy. The nice lady at Lindsay MTO went and found that memo so I could read it.
when I lived in Mississauga I had a guy that would write anything I wanted on an appraisal.

Yup, it's hit and miss everywhere. The first and only time I was ever asked for an appraisal was at the Scarborough Lawrence/Kennedy location when I bought an 88 Hawk in 2010. I legitimately reported $1100 and the rep told me I needed an appraisal for such an old bike. So I went to Ready Powersports and told them the story, and one of the sales guys said he could do it for no charge:

Appraiser: How much do you want it to be?
Me: How much does it look like it's worth?
Appraiser: I'd say $500.
Me: Sure if that's your appraisal.

Then I went to the Service Now (basically) across the street and the rep there said I didn't need one!

In 2021, I needed an appraisal on that same Hawk for a vintage insurance policy. I found a guy on Kijiji who did it remotely for $120 using my own pictures and a spreadsheet of all the parts it had. Not sure if that was a loophole just for Covid, but those of you who can't find a local can try him. I'll have to look up his direct email and post later.

Paul told me years ago he was selling and retiring...I bought my FZ6R from him, but when Apex started selling Yami he lost dealership status...didn't think he was still around..

He’s been saying that for a very long time.
:)
He’s still around. They sell used bikes (seems to do a very good business) and still offers full services and parts.

My family has done business with Paul for ages.

Back
Top Bottom