anyone used these tire plugs before | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone used these tire plugs before

Invincible

Site Supporter

had a flat yesterday and one of the guys puss this out. look at it baffled wondering what to do with. asked how you use it. no one knew. was easy to patch. easier than normal cords. now i want to buy a few spares to keep in my all my vehicles.

I bought this kit last year..but havent had to use it yet.
The compressor works ok (tested it on my friend's bike as we prepped it up for spring earlier this year.

I did try one of the plugs on my car's tire when I had a nail in it - didnt seem to do a very good job.
At the very least, it helps slow the air leak until you reach a tire shop..guess its worth something then!

tubeless-puncture-pilot-kit-6000.jpg

Side note - is it just me or has Fortnine increased their prices?
I see it listed at over $100..but I dont remember paying more than $80 CAD taxes included when I bought it...?

The dynaplug looks interesting, the part of the brass plug at the end staying in the tire is odd, I would hate for that brass plug to come off and just ping around all over the inside of the rim, i'm sure it's not heavy brass, though maybe it can off balance the tire too. The sticky ropes work fine, not sure what these solve other than a fancy handle and application method

The dynaplug looks interesting, the part of the brass plug at the end staying in the tire is odd, I would hate for that brass plug to come off and just ping around all over the inside of the rim, i'm sure it's not heavy brass, though maybe it can off balance the tire too. The sticky ropes work fine, not sure what these solve other than a fancy handle and application method
As with all of these, the hard part is inserting into a flat tire (which they conveniently avoided in the video). This one looks like it may go in easier that the typical fork and gooey cord.

I'm with the rest, the packaging looks cool but I want some steak with the sizzle. Where did the tip go? How much are refills? What make the rubber stay in when retracting the tool? What about an ugly shaped hole (staple, puncture on an angle etc)?

I use the cords. They work almost perfectly. A few years ago, I got a giant screw right at the edge of the sidewall and tread on a car tire with 100 km on it. The screw cocked over and left a jagged hole No way to get a mushroom there, any tire place would have scrapped it. I plugged it with a cord and it lasted about a season before it began to leak again. Pushed the cord in, scuffed the hole, heated a new cord with a torch to get it nice and gooey and shoved that in. It's still holding with no issues. I just don't see how reinventing the wheel can be better.

As with all of these, the hard part is inserting into a flat tire (which they conveniently avoided in the video). This one looks like it may go in easier that the typical fork and gooey cord.

I'm with the rest, the packaging looks cool but I want some steak with the sizzle. Where did the tip go? How much are refills? What make the rubber stay in when retracting the tool? What about an ugly shaped hole (staple, puncture on an angle etc)?

I use the cords. They work almost perfectly. A few years ago, I got a giant screw right at the edge of the sidewall and tread on a car tire with 100 km on it. The screw cocked over and left a jagged hole No way to get a mushroom there, any tire place would have scrapped it. I plugged it with a cord and it lasted about a season before it began to leak again. Pushed the cord in, scuffed the hole, heated a new cord with a torch to get it nice and gooey and shoved that in. It's still holding with no issues. I just don't see how reinventing the wheel can be better.
It's only better if you are the one selling them.

BMW came with a tire plug repair kit and 2 co2 cylinders.

BMW came with a tire plug repair kit and 2 co2 cylinders.

Often those CO2 cylinders just inflate enough to get you to a pump at reduced speed.

Also those cheap compressors can fail. I suspect the MIC gear was poorly engineered and cracked from internal stresses. When the little gear hit the gap in the big gear all you got was noise.

They might work for a year or two or ????Mini compressor 001.JPG

Last edited:
Seems like a slick system, but pretty pricey and the refills aren't cheap either. Dynaplug® Online Store

I've carried a Slime compressor and plugs for years and, so far never had to use them. Think I paid $20 US for them at a Walmart in the US.

cocked over and left a jagged hole No way to get a mushroom there, any tire place would have scrapped it. I plugged it with a cord and it lasted about a season before it began
a
It's only better if you are the one selling them.
my tire was flat when i used it.. picked up somthing with a centre hole in it. deflated pretty fast

Small storage size?
No mess?
Ease of use (in terms of time, effort, strength and skill level required)?
Higher potential to not have to remove the wheel to get enough leverage when installing the plug?
From experience, it can be a real
b!tch to get the plug in without wrecking the odd one, even after cleaning up the hole with the included rasp in the Cdn Tire kit...and if it’s your last plug and you mess it up you’re SOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small storage size?
No mess?
Ease of use (in terms of time, effort, strength and skill level required)?
Higher potential to not have to remove the wheel to get enough leverage when installing the plug?
From experience, it can be a real
b!tch to get the plug in without wrecking the odd one, even after cleaning up the hole with the included rasp in the Cdn Tire kit...and if it’s your last plug and you mess it up you’re SOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ropes can be a *****. I have had really good success using a T handle (not the L) and a ratchet strap around the tire.
My Tacoma has three plugs in it.

If the Dynaplug kit doesn't come with rubber cement I wouldn't trust the repair. With no glue, due to the shape of the damage the rubber plug may not completely seal the hole. I suppose a slow leak is better than a flat tire, nut why bother. The tried and true sticky rubber coated tire repair cords work great. They have been tested on millions of car tires world wide. And they work even better and are easier to install when used with rubber repair cement.

Back
Top Bottom