Anyone try tire markers? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone try tire markers?

MAD_MAX333

Site Supporter
So been watching YouTube videos of this "Penz" stuff that you use to paint the tire grooves of your bike or paint the brand/name of your tire in white to make them stand out... Some YouTube videos report 2-3 years of use before needing touch up.

Anyone ever deal with the penz brand? Or the one of many... Mannnyyyy other aliexpress brands online?

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

We are being too hard on you. Painting the grooves in your tires would be like wearing a Batman costume.

The effects are subtle. If you paint the grooves red it gives the tire a very slight hint of red when in motion. It doesn't turn you into ghost rider.

As for white lettering to accent the tire brand, thats been a thing for decades now.

So I just ordered 14 pens from China which I'm lucky maybe 2 will work. I'll pick some up later from GP too when I pick up my new bike on Tuesday.
Why......

Looks like you ran over wet paint when they were painting lines on the road, seen that done for free :LOL:

Two people in the neighbourhood have coloured part of their sidewall. A very loud subie has white and red lettering and it looks nice. A murdered out pickup truck looks like crap. White lettering but patchy and lines arent straight. IMO it made the truck look worse.

You can just use regular white paint pens from any art and crafts store. They come in different thicknesses and work great on rubber.

You should also buy a fine tip black sharpie, because you may get a little outside the letters and it's a pain to wipe off, so just wait for it to dry and outline it with the black sharpie to remove any ragged lines and get a nice finish.

Hmmmm might try that thank you for the suggestion. Now if I could only find a red one too.
You can just use regular white paint pens from any art and crafts store. They come in different thicknesses and work great on rubber.

You should also buy a fine tip black sharpie, because you may get a little outside the letters and it's a pain to wipe off, so just wait for it to dry and outline it with the black sharpie to remove any ragged lines and get a nice finish.

Back
Top Bottom