Anyone need help this coming season? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone need help this coming season?

StrickCBR

Hey guys,

Been contemplating getting into track riding lately. I know it's a rather expensive hobby, however I've always wanted to race bikes. With that being said, I'd rather not just jump into the deep end without getting some knowledge and experience first.

So basically, in short, I was wondering if SOAR, or anyone that competes in it, would appreciate having a helping hand this year while I pick your brain and get to know the scene a bit better before I decide to buy a bike, suit, school, license, trailer, etc etc.

A little about myself; I'm Nick, I'm 23, been riding bikes on the street since 16. As far as work, I am a second year apprentice that works at a BMW dealership (no motorrad.) Currently own a 600RR, which I work on myself, so I do have some sport bike knowledge. Available Saturdays and Sundays.

If you're interested, just PM me and we'll talk from there, maybe grab a coffee or something.

Thanks for your time. :eek:ccasion5:

Suggestion: Join the corner marshaling organization. They can always use the help.

Ken (kneedragger88 on this forum) can put you in touch.

And come out for a race weekend! Ive Been on the track for a while , watched 5 soar rounds , and
Realized that's what I really wanted to be doing , next season I'll be joining :)

Sounds like you're approaching it with a very cool attitude. I'm planning to get into track riding this year too. Why not jump in? As far as racing goes, you can still involve yourself in the racing world before committing to it but you might as well get started on track days now, no?

something to consider, racer5 and pro6 have bikes/gear rental available if your just looking to try it out once before making the investment. The higher cc bikes are pricey from pro6, but the racer5 125 into program is quite reasonably. I haven't done the program myself, but we do fawaz's trackdays and he runs a solid day and many others have really enjoyed the program. Something to consider if your hesitant on the investment. Track riding is a drug, it's expensive, addictive, has little value to society as a whole, results in denial when brought up by family members, and you start thinking about things you can sell to pay for it. But you'll love every minute of it.

Suggestion: Join the corner marshaling organization. They can always use the help.

Ken (kneedragger88 on this forum) can put you in touch.

This. You'll learn tons from the Marshalls and we can never have enough.

Back
Top Bottom