Anyone know how to fix motorcycle parts retail in Canada? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone know how to fix motorcycle parts retail in Canada?

Good luck ordering parts for a Japanese motorcycle once the model has been out of production for 7+ years. If your bike needs anything special after that you better have one in your spares tool box.
Honda is actually pretty good with older models. I think the infrastructure they have in place for car parts allows them to piggyback the bike stuff, bringing it in and sending it out the door easier and more efficiently than the other 3.

:LOL: Honda Canada sucks at selling Honda/Montesa anything including new current models, I couldn't even order a new Montesa motorcycle in Canada. Try to buy a spark plug for one, it's had the same CR6EH-9 spakplug since 2005. They should be ashamed of themselves.

My Honda dealer tends to match prices on things, or at least come close. Have you asked?
My Honda dealers has stupid prices. $12 each for a champion spark plug that costs $6.99/pair at CTC. Had to get a copper drain plug washer for my Honda gennie, $9.

I was stuck when I made those purchases, I needed the parts now, no other options so I was willing to pay the price. If parts were competitive, the other few thousand I’ve spent on Honda parts would have gone their way.

There's 2 of them sitting on the floor at Sturgess.

No one cares about trials. :p
Not 2021's
Honda Canada doesn't, lot's of riders do.

... are they still there? Somebody was looking to buy one yesterday.
:unsure: and they do not show on their web site, I think you're pulling my leg.

and I bet they can't sell you a spark plug for one.

Last edited:
Had to get a copper drain plug washer for my Honda gennie, $9.

They got me on the O-rings, but the crush washers for my engine case drain plug and sump drain were $2.54 and $1.22 ea.

Y'all rich people with your generators. Must see ya coming.

nTWhj1DJcfSd_Am2Zrb67VdH5NxV7GuvI22BZCJyntL22PncFkf4lDqQBUbs4r2i6lsiEgd3w60jFBxJj4_gQx5tssWKlN3nCV8UK_NOEzIfymc5BS0LpRDNipYK0xsJ_kPFiycb0NgxsAHNo9ck6coTpEqu1nFwLNxkWZthmP9rH9-ad-knibGFc8jEheYTn0Ndzaa98GhO7TAHQexieXHpGr6o4pb_m5gke3M3g6gXWK-_IUExVnMCOt8ncWg3WF95ZhblwAks6xUE_KAkACDOjqJPmVDacJ8h9qvdZmoigsysGUArEza1n2Lq93fdmanrtapw_0GHhvEH4scBiZazeAiF8_C24qhEC4Q5uSjIpYpZEuUP5Ub_qaqrgUEEHq867Deqah0rwqATvNEe_Nt4d2JE33rp2vKYQu0o5o4z4FC2GRvlwI-_KglshEkL_pAqnHtZMLlxQGFbhyNxKEWp0OW9kzfj_k9Y9m4IxqmJf24V1Zr67j7YLRmvAtLWR8WrqeY8NBlnqDpFzizs48j9dUMNiYEVlP3CqA0G_D8NxMFk2L37W1QqQMSF1qiOO8m6FUf4xYFAHQbHFBryC2eym87BTFVuZZ6Th-3DygKnS-xtMKVV4d9X41UYHwBgut3gIuCEFyUu2xDEXsXDtuUxGEr-oX-ummmeMvHmK9XoJPOlgV4wTGEQKBc4=w1250-h937-no

:unsure: government did even better they made 7.84 on a small purchase

There's 2 of them sitting on the floor at Sturgess.

No one cares about trials. :p
In the old days trials bikes were regular or Mx motorcycles, modern trials bikes are more like motorized BMX bicycles.

I’m curious... do trials riders come from a bicycle or motorcycle background?

In the old days trials bikes were regular or Mx motorcycles, modern trials bikes are more like motorized BMX bicycles.

I’m curious... do trials riders come from a bicycle or motorcycle background?

Bicycle trials didn't come around till the 80s. One of the OG bicycle trials riders was Ot Pi. His father was a technical designer at Montesa, and started building bikes for his son.

They got me on the O-rings, but the crush washers for my engine case drain plug and sump drain were $2.54 and $1.22 ea.

Y'all rich people with your generators. Must see ya coming.

nTWhj1DJcfSd_Am2Zrb67VdH5NxV7GuvI22BZCJyntL22PncFkf4lDqQBUbs4r2i6lsiEgd3w60jFBxJj4_gQx5tssWKlN3nCV8UK_NOEzIfymc5BS0LpRDNipYK0xsJ_kPFiycb0NgxsAHNo9ck6coTpEqu1nFwLNxkWZthmP9rH9-ad-knibGFc8jEheYTn0Ndzaa98GhO7TAHQexieXHpGr6o4pb_m5gke3M3g6gXWK-_IUExVnMCOt8ncWg3WF95ZhblwAks6xUE_KAkACDOjqJPmVDacJ8h9qvdZmoigsysGUArEza1n2Lq93fdmanrtapw_0GHhvEH4scBiZazeAiF8_C24qhEC4Q5uSjIpYpZEuUP5Ub_qaqrgUEEHq867Deqah0rwqATvNEe_Nt4d2JE33rp2vKYQu0o5o4z4FC2GRvlwI-_KglshEkL_pAqnHtZMLlxQGFbhyNxKEWp0OW9kzfj_k9Y9m4IxqmJf24V1Zr67j7YLRmvAtLWR8WrqeY8NBlnqDpFzizs48j9dUMNiYEVlP3CqA0G_D8NxMFk2L37W1QqQMSF1qiOO8m6FUf4xYFAHQbHFBryC2eym87BTFVuZZ6Th-3DygKnS-xtMKVV4d9X41UYHwBgut3gIuCEFyUu2xDEXsXDtuUxGEr-oX-ummmeMvHmK9XoJPOlgV4wTGEQKBc4=w1250-h937-no
Those are reasonable prices, I don’t see that at Markham OutdoorPower.

Any recommendations at this end of the lake? Sturgess is at least a bike shop, DeWildt is a boat dealer with motorcycles tucked in the corner...
Eh, DeWildt is alright. They actually have a lot of motorcycle floor space... as far as parts goes, they're your average dealer parts counter. They mounted some tires for me (wheels off) and charged me significantly more than they said they would, and took over a week to do it, so I'm not a fan of their service dept.

Wanted a Yuasa battery from them, the price was eye-watering. Got the exact same battery from Royal Distributing for nearly $100 less, but I figure that's a Honda problem and not DeWildt's problem.

Skateboard riders make great trials riders, if they were any good on a skateboard.

Eh, DeWildt is alright. They actually have a lot of motorcycle floor space... as far as parts goes, they're your average dealer parts counter. They mounted some tires for me (wheels off) and charged me significantly more than they said they would, and took over a week to do it, so I'm not a fan of their service dept.

Wanted a Yuasa battery from them, the price was eye-watering. Got the exact same battery from Royal Distributing for nearly $100 less, but I figure that's a Honda problem and not DeWildt's problem.
I’m guessing that is a dealer thing. If that dealer put a Yuasa battery into your bike for you, rest assured it didn’t come from a Honda even though you pay the Honda price.

Sell it to you over the counter and you get the Honda box and they get $80 markup instead of $40 on the non Honda box.

Not everywhere, but many auto and power sports dealers do this.

:LOL: Honda Canada sucks at selling Honda/Montesa anything including new current models, I couldn't even order a new Montesa motorcycle in Canada. Try to buy a spark plug for one, it's had the same CR6EH-9 spakplug since 2005. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Toronto warehouse shows 89 CRE6H-9 plugs in stock.

My daughter can still order parts for her 1976 Yamaha ty175. Not everything, but essential carb stuff etc.

I rode 1970's TY's in CVMG for years and eventually sold them, parts supply must have improved. :cool:

I’m guessing that is a dealer thing. If that dealer put a Yuasa battery into your bike for you, rest assured it didn’t come from a Honda even though you pay the Honda price.

Sell it to you over the counter and you get the Honda box and they get $80 markup instead of $40 on the non Honda box.

Not everywhere, but many auto and power sports dealers do this.
Back when Hamilton Audi/VW was in the same building and had the same service counter (VW on the left, Audi on the right) a 4l jug of G4 was $4 more from the right side than it was from the left side. Same VW/Audi branded jug.

Back
Top Bottom