Anyone in Toronto with TuneECU / Knowledge? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone in Toronto with TuneECU / Knowledge?

I don't have any laptops to give away but if you're near Barrie you can borrow a laptop to install the tune. Now, I'm not saying that riding somewhere and flashing and then riding home is a great idea but that's up to you.
It also seems (according to the instructions) that you should only install tune and reset adaptions with a cold engine.

I appreciate your offer though! It's very kind of you :)

I'll see if any of my car friends have a windows machine that they use to access their ECU's. I think that will be the easiest way. Might mean I can also do the tune closer to home as well.

I installed a TTP tune on my Bonneville last year. It uses TuneECU with a Windows laptop. The instructions are prety straightforward, but I found the OBD II cable and software very sensitive to battery voltage in order to make a connection. Took many failed attempts before I got there.

Reactions: fjr
I installed a TTP tune on my Bonneville last year. It uses TuneECU with a Windows laptop. The instructions are prety straightforward, but I found the OBD II cable and software very sensitive to battery voltage in order to make a connection. Took many failed attempts before I got there.
Seems TTP now has their own software to install maps now! Though I do plan to get TuneECU at some point as well. I think TTP made their own program since TuneECU no longer is supported on Windows :/

Good to know re battery voltage issues. Was gonna pull the #9 fuse and keep the bike on a battery tender throughout the process to hopefully mitigate voltage drop 🤞

Did you have yours on a charger during upload? Was it a matter of just reuploading map over and over until it went through? Or did you need to do some workarounds to avoid bricking the ECU?

Seems TTP now has their own software to install maps now! Though I do plan to get TuneECU at some point as well. I think TTP made their own program since TuneECU no longer is supported on Windows :/

Good to know re battery voltage issues. Was gonna pull the #9 fuse and keep the bike on a battery tender throughout the process to hopefully mitigate voltage drop 🤞

Did you have yours on a charger during upload? Was it a matter of just reuploading map over and over until it went through? Or did you need to do some workarounds to avoid bricking the ECU?
Yes, I kept a battery tender on and had to remove the headlight fuse. Just had to keep reconnecting over and over for about 1/2hr until for some reason it finally connected, and loaded the tune. Then you have to run the bike for 15mins, but first time I forgot to re-install the fuse and it wouldn't start, so had to start over again.

I did this last year, TTP used a version of Tune ECU unlocked for Windows which means you can continue to use it, which is a bonus, if like me you don't have Android.

Last edited:
Yes, I kept a battery tender on and had to remove the headlight fuse. Just had to keep reconnecting over and over for about 1/2hr until for some reason it finally connected, and loaded the tune. Then you have to run the bike for 15mins, but first time I forgot to re-install the fuse and it wouldn't start, so had to start over again.

I did this last year, TTP used a version of Tune ECU unlocked for Windows which means you can continue to use it, which is a bonus, if like me you don't have Android.
Interesting!

So if I forget the fuse and hit the starter, making the bike not fire, I have to start again?

Very helpful info, really appreciate it!

Interesting!

So if I forget the fuse and hit the starter, making the bike not fire, I have to start again?

Very helpful info, really appreciate it!
Maybe not, but that was the point I lost the connection and you need it for the following 15mins when you run the bike after you download the tune.

Maybe not, but that was the point I lost the connection and you need it for the following 15mins when you run the bike after you download the tune.
Ohhh ok sorry I misunderstood. Well… hopefully this battery holds up I guess haha

Just a quick update for everyone:

Ended up going with the TTP Tune #2, first attempt was rubbish as bike was unusable at low RPMs and backfired like a mofo. Realized it was because my Throttle Position Sensor was at 0.63v instead of 0.60v - I figured what could 0.03v be all things considered... a lot... the answer is a lot...

Once I corrected the TPS, and re-uploaded the tune, it runs like a DREAM! Curious to see what the fuel mileage will be now.

Had a big freak out all last week trying to figure out what the issue was, as I have my M exam this coming Thursday and could not be without the bike. Thankfully it all worked out and all is well now :)

Next step: Some lighting upgrades and a monza gas cap... the fun stuff!

Back
Top Bottom