Anyone here file an Iron Butt ride last year? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here file an Iron Butt ride last year?

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
Just curious if anyone else here filed an application for an IBA certification at any point last year, and if so...did you get your certification back yet?

I did a Saddlesore 1000 with a buddy last May - ended up being nearly a BBG (we finished with just over 1900KM in 21 hours, but I decided that was enough) and I didn't actually get around to filing it until sometime around the end of June.

That said, I haven't heard squat since. I've been on the IBA forum and inquired a few times, my concerns were apparently relayed to the person who does the certifications for our area...and again, silence. That's happened twice now.

It's now been north of 7 months since I filed my ride. It's a little frustrating - I know they're a volunteer based organization and all, but wow...7 months? I have a sneaky suspicion something went wrong somewhere, but since I seem unable to contact the verification team directly, I'm left wondering WTF is up.

I'm just wondering if I'm alone, or if anyone else filed a ride around the same time..and is also still waiting.

I did mine in July last summer. Heard back from them at the end of November confirming my ride was certified. All documents came in via mail approximately 2-3 weeks after.

I did mine in July last summer. Heard back from them at the end of November confirming my ride was certified. All documents came in via mail approximately 2-3 weeks after.

Yeah, so something must be messed up with mine.

I’ll contact the again.

@Morrissey did 2 last year I believe. He also received his paperwork.

I contacted the IBA admin again. “I forwarded your PM” to the guy doing your certification was basically the response.

Last edited:
Was the guy you're corresponding with Michael Kneebone?

No, Ira - although I seem to remember she referenced a “Mike” a few times.

You know him?

I dealt with Mike for my certification, I think he runs the show over at IBA. I sent you his contact. Hopefully he can help.

I dealt with Mike for my certification, I think he runs the show over at IBA. I sent you his contact. Hopefully he can help.

Thanks. I'll email him. I'm just really getting a little exasperated by it all, it's been going on so long and I've exchanged a ton of PM's and such in the last 6 months over it without any meaningful response back.

Well, something worked - I got my verification email this evening!

************* This is to Certify that on the 20th of May 2018, *** rode a Honda VTX1300 a total of 1,117 gruelling miles (1,798 kilometres) within the province of Ontario in less than twenty-four hours starting in Courtice continuing on to Toronto, Barrie, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, and Lake Superior Provincial Park before turning around and retracing his route back to Courtice while participating in the Ontario SaddleSore 1000. The Ontario SaddleSore 1000 was conducted under very strict guidelines set forth by the Iron Butt Association. Only a handful of riders from around the world have managed to solve the challenges such a gruelling ride involves. ************* Best regards, Lena Huizenga, IBA Verification

Finally.

2 more SS1000's in the books for this summer. :)

I did my last SS1000 on August 13, 2018. I didn't end up submitting the paperwork until January and received my package in about a month. I ordered a few extra goodies to go with that certification which did not come as ordered so I am currently trying to sort that out.

Back
Top Bottom