Anyone Go Through Durham College for Their M1 Exit Course? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone Go Through Durham College for Their M1 Exit Course?

48Connor

So I've signed up for my M1 Exit course at DC in just over a month, and was wondering if anyone here has taken, or will be taking, their M1 Exit course at DC? I've used the search but didn't get anything too specific about the course.

I'm pretty pumped about it, and am interested to know what I'm in for.

Have already got my (hopefully) DRZ lined up sitting at Asselstine. But before that, still have to get my M1, as well as buy a jacket and boots.

Look forward to see you guys out there.

I did mine at Durham in 2014 and loved it. I rode a dr200, perfect little thing to learn on. Enjoy!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

What type of riding did you do there? I've heard also there's a fair bit of just walking with the bike, and random stuff like that.

Also, did you have experience before hand? I've only ever ridden a bike (DR200 actually haha) for like 15 mins last year, though I've ridden ATV's my entire life.

The first time I rode a bike was at the course. The first morning is a lot of walking with the bike and slow clutch stuff to get a feel for the bike and the rest is all on the bike.

I just did mine last weekend there, bloody cold! The group they have there are great, they keep things light but really know how to get things through to you. By the time you get to the test portion you are more than prepaired.

The first time I rode a bike was at the course. The first morning is a lot of walking with the bike and slow clutch stuff to get a feel for the bike and the rest is all on the bike.

Good to hear. Sounds like I should do fine. Thanks!

I just did mine last weekend there, bloody cold! The group they have there are great, they keep things light but really know how to get things through to you. By the time you get to the test portion you are more than prepaired.

I'm hoping it'll be a little warmer in the middle of May, seeing as the next two weeks should be 10+ degrees. But that sounds great! Hopefully it'll all work out for me.

they prefer people with no riding experience, they have less bad habits to break. They really hammer into you about eye's up, heads up, look where you want to go, use your peripheral vision, the ready position, all the stuff that will become second nature. You'll definitely have better weather, just make sure you have some sort of rain gear just in case.

The Gearing Up course is pretty consistent throughout the Province.

they prefer people with no riding experience, they have less bad habits to break. They really hammer into you about eye's up, heads up, look where you want to go, use your peripheral vision, the ready position, all the stuff that will become second nature. You'll definitely have better weather, just make sure you have some sort of rain gear just in case.

I've got some habits already from ATV-ing all my life. Mainly being all I ever use is front brake, which is where your clutch is on a bike, so that really threw me off the first time I rode. If I keep it in the back of my mind I should be alright. Just another hurdle I guess.

I'm hoping it doesn't rain. This may sound crazy but I have no desire to ride when its raining or cold (as of now, this might change haha), therefore I don't want to have to purchase rain gear. I don't ride my ATV in the rain as it stands now. Though the only gear I have for my ATV is a helmet, so take that as you will. I planned on purchasing an Alpinestars T-GP Plus R Air Jacket, which is not waterproof at all. Though I might reconsider this now. Having two jackets has never killed anyone haha.

The Gearing Up course is pretty consistent throughout the Province.

That would make sense. I heard about RTI using Mosport and somewhat regretted my decision to go to Durham.Just kind of wanted some validation on my purchase. All in all it sounds like a good time.

for the rain gear I just meant a poncho or something cheap to fit over your jacket, for the course you are out rain or shine, or snow. Being soaked all day won't be fun. You should be able to pick something up for under $20. The helmet will have to be DOT. And yeah, you end up accumulating gear. I bought a Joe Rocket Pheonix 11.0 in the winter for the course, I just got an Alpinestars GP Plus R and a bunch of different gloves

for the rain gear I just meant a poncho or something cheap to fit over your jacket, for the course you are out rain or shine, or snow. Being soaked all day won't be fun. You should be able to pick something up for under $20. The helmet will have to be DOT. And yeah, you end up accumulating gear. I bought a Joe Rocket Pheonix 11.0 in the winter for the course, I just got an Alpinestars GP Plus R and a bunch of different gloves

Gotcha. Good Idea. I'll pick one of them up beforehand. And the gear I've got now is an Icon Variant and some Icon Overlord Resistance gloves. No worries about DOT. Bought them this time last year for the ATV. For some reason I don't have any boots that I can use, so I'm looking at the Fly Maverik ATV Boots. I want something I can use for both, and they look decent. Plus the jacket.

Worst case buy some x-large garbage bags and punch out arm and neck holes in one.

Careful if you use a poncho, that it doesn't reach down into the machinery.

Back
Top Bottom