Anyone been fired as a customer from mechanic? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone been fired as a customer from mechanic?

arogal

Pretty dissapointed with Adrian from Ace Mototech, and I hate writing this post, but I'm right pis$ed.
I have taken my r3 to him before (last summer), did great work, referred friends to take their bikes there, posted a great review on google reviews....thought he was an amazing guy until today. He answered all my questions I had and we talked for a bit. Start of conversation was great, then he went sour on me.
RC did some sloppy work on my bike which I mentioned earlier this summer and Adrian pretty much said on the phone to me that he is extremely busy and that he will never treat me as a customer again or touch any of my bikes because he's worried that if he does a bad job I'm going to talk negative about Ace, which will put a bad Rep on his service. I guess he searches forums and saw what I had to say about RC and didn't like it. Never have I ever seen a service that has straight 5 star ratings, but I guess his shop does, which is great on his end! If someone makes a mistake, then makes things right....boom, job well done, schit happens. But when they make a mistake and don't care to take care of it, that's a different story which we all have the right to comment about.
I'm super cheesed right now. Never have I ever said anything but good things about both Adrian and Ace Mototech. Just becuase I wrote a negative review on RC, he fires me as a customer because he's too swamped and would rather help out other people. What does that have to do with him or his service? Absolutely nothing. Worst customer service I've ever recieved in my entire life, not just from a mechanic, but in general, anywhere, and the fact he was overly nice about it almost made it worse.
Not sure what I did wrong or what I'm missing on my end... did I deserve this?
Hate to say it, but I really hope he doesn't grow his business any more cause it seems to be making him a wee bit too cocky Imo. Made it seem like it was my loss and not his. Guys a pr!ck, I will never recommend anyone take their bike to his shop and am looking for a new mechanic. Burly cycle has been great to me the last 2 visits so they are my go to shop atm for convenience and friendly service.
Sorry Adrian, after how you handled business today, I needed to say something. Imo not the "amazing shop" you make it seem to be.
I'm disgusted, if I treated a customer like this at work I'd lose my darn job in a heartbeat. Guess you can get away with stuff like this when you run your own business.
Rant over.

Last edited:
Re: Anyone been fired as a customer from mechanic? LOL

When you feel the need to comment on a public forum about a bad experience you’ve had...in the hopes of negatively impacting their future business...don’t expect competitors to be lining up to take your business (especially if they are already too busy).

Better to deal with the issue quietly and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect there's more to the story than what's being presented. This line: "Hate to say it, but I really hope he doesn't grow his business any more cause it seems to be making him a wee bit too cocky Imo." along with the name-calling thereafter, and really most of how you handled this, shows a level of immaturity, that as a business owner, I would want nothing to do with either.

From where I'm sitting, your reaction was so poor that you've actually justified his behavior and validated that he made the right choice.

I suspect there's more to the story than what's being presented. This line: "Hate to say it, but I really hope he doesn't grow his business any more cause it seems to be making him a wee bit too cocky Imo." along with the name-calling thereafter, and really most of how you handled this, shows a level of immaturity, that as a business owner, I would want nothing to do with either.

From where I'm sitting, your reaction was so poor that you've actually justified his behavior and validated that he made the right choice.

I agree with you.

There are also a lot of bad customers out there.

Last edited:

I can't really parse your story and Adrian has always been spot on both service and customer service.

However I have fired clients as well and one notable one got passed around every few years between several of us in the business.

Generally if you make a negative review without giving the service provider a chance to respond BEFORE the review ...you might well find yourself blackballed.

From your post here, it seems he was right to dump you.

Way to go Ada!

Lol. He's been a friend for decades, long before he opened shop

He is meticulous and doesn't pull any punches. If he doesn't want you as a customer then he doesn't want you. His reasons (valid in my opinion, you do tend to whine a lot) are his own, so get over it.

He also is stupidly busy, and I'm very happy to see him do so well that he can cut out the negative stupid ****.

Last edited:

Way to go Ada!

Lol. He's been a friend for decades, long before he opened shop

He is meticulous and doesn't pull any punches. If he doesn't want you as a customer then he doesn't want you. His reasons (valid in my opinion, you do tend to whine a lot) are his own, so get over it.

He also is stupidly busy, and I'm very happy to see him do so well that he can cut out the negative stupid ****.

Based on this single post alone, the OP comes across as a ticking time bomb.

Not worth the headaches.

he fires me as a customer because he's too swamped and would rather help out other people.

The advantage of owning your own thriving business.

Not sure why this thread is in TT?

How does he even know who you are on an internet forum with a handle? how did the conversation go from 'answering all your questions' to turning sour?

I think selective typing is afoot

lol, perhaps this is a case of "your reputation precedes you".
You're wishing his business (and livelihood) to not grow and he hasn't even done anything wrong! Imagine your "wrath" if he accidentally left a spot of dust on your sacred R3 after a service.
Find someone else to hassle, and leave the good mechanics and business owners to the polite customers.

interesting to get both + and -. Didn't the OP give them a chance to fix their mistake but they didn't?

Lol backfired. Acemoto has been good to me. But only used him for tire service.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I fired a few customers when I was a mechanic, found the aggravation vs reward wasn't worth it with some people. I guess Ace Moto felt similar in this situation and rightly so based on your post.

To be honest. Nothing more to the story. If I did something to personally pi$s him off I'd fess up to it.
I am upset cause I really wanted him to be my guy. I've never said anything but good things, nor have been nice towards him. That's why I was shocked he said he couldn't work on my bike!
I understand how you'd think I did something to personally make him upset, but I didn't. If anything iv spread the word to all my friends and helped him grow his business.
Should have ranted so much in my post, I was just frustrated and should have waited to cool down.

interesting to get both + and -. Didn't the OP give them a chance to fix their mistake but they didn't?

No no. Ace has never made any mistakes with me. He was basing his relationship with me over a review I made on RC which could have put me in a life threatening situation. He said since I posted a negative review against one of his competitors, he thinks if he does a **** poor job on my bike, I'd do the same do him, but he does good work, has a good rep, so that would never happen. And if he did **** up, he'd be the stand up guy that I once knew who would properly take care of the situation properly. Guess I'll just keep my mouth shut from now often. I can see how no one here is taking my side, and that's totally fine. If I was still one of his customers and someone wrote a post like this, I'd bash the OP also. My friends and fellow riders know the situation, I shouldn't have even posted anything because after reading it a second time, I did come off like a total ****, I will admit that. I was heated and lost my mechanic for something that didn't even involve him personally.
Not sure why this backfired on me because once again, I have only ever said GOOD THINGS about his business and have also referred plenty of people to see him for some big jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does he even know who you are on an internet forum with a handle? how did the conversation go from 'answering all your questions' to turning sour?

I think selective typing is afoot

If you knew my real name, you'd know who I am on this forum.

No no. Ace has never made any mistakes with me. He was basing his relationship with me over a review I made on RC which could have put me in a life threatening situation. He said since I posted a negative review against one of his competitors, he thinks if he does a schit poor job on my bike, I'd do the same do him, but he does good work, has a good rep, so that would never happen. And if he did fahk up, he'd be the stand up guy that I once knew who would properly take care of the situation properly. Guess I'll just keep my mouth shut from now often. I can see how no one here is taking my side, and that's totally fine. If I was still one of his customers and someone wrote a post like this, I'd bash the OP also. My friends and fellow riders know the situation, I shouldn't have even posted anything because after reading it a second time, I did come off like a total ****, I will admit that. I was heated and lost my mechanic for something that didn't even involve him personally.
Not sure why this backfired on me because once again, I have only ever said GOOD THINGS about his business and have also referred plenty of people to see him for some big jobs.

So you were banned for complaining in general about someone else?

It's a touchy subject because in the real world one has to be careful of liability / slander.

I have had to do reports that cost contractors tens to hundreds of thousand of dollars. All I did was point out facts, not saying anyone did anything wrong. IE The device with a tag saying 208 volts was fed from a 600 volt panel. Contact the manufacturer for warranty information.

The general problem with internet complaints is that the writer, arogal for example, is usually anonymous and the post could have been read by hundreds, thousands or millions of people. We know nothing about arogal but do know that RC screwed up, in arogal's opinion. Even if arogal recants his post not everyone that read the first post will read the second. Even if there is no evidence of wrong doing there is the attitude "Where there's smoke there's fire".

On the other hand do we keep our mouths shut when a business does poor work because we don't want to be blacklisted by the industry? I read of an Ebay seller that gave customers a bad rating if the customer didn't give them a good one.

I don't know what situation is worse but it scares me if a person can't make an articulate, technically correct comment or criticism.

To pass judgement I would have to be the fly on the wall right from the start with the service from RC and to the last comment from Ace. In some cases the tone is more important than the words spoken.

I have turned away work, telling the prospective client that I couldn't meet their expectations.

In another case I got between a rock and a hard place. I had to do work on a facility where there was bad blood between the contractor I was working for and the electrical supervisor of the facility. The supervisor kept approaching me asking me to condemn things that were not relevant to my work. I tried to avoid conflict by saying that I would have done it differently but that wasn't good enough. He wanted me to say it was wrong. when I wouldn't change my opinion he did his best to make my job harder and take longer. I didn't care because I was on the clock and the contractor was marking up my work as well.

My point is that sometimes there is a personal connection, buddies, married to a sister etc. and you have stepped on a toe.

The reviews with this post tend to be pro Ace. It would be good to hear Ace's opinion on what happened. Right now I'm in neutral.

So you were banned for complaining in general about someone else?

It's a touchy subject because in the real world one has to be careful of liability / slander.

My point is that sometimes there is a personal connection, buddies, married to a sister etc. and you have stepped on a toe.

The reviews with this post tend to be pro Ace. It would be good to hear Ace's opinion on what happened. Right now I'm in neutral.

Nothing to do with friends/family, or his work on my bike. I understand what you are trying to say. He can chime in if he wants. Never have I said anything to criticise him/his business as my 5 star review remains on google for ace. I could be a complete chump and change it to a 1 star, but I'm not going to. That's why I'm upset he fired me. Because I gave 1 bad review on another shop in Mississauga, he doesn't want me as a customer anymore.
Whatever. What's done is done. I over reacted and now I'm getting chirped by members here.... Shoulda known this would happen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom