Any UX Designers Here? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any UX Designers Here?

MaksTO

I am in the process of looking towards work options in the tech industry. I have a pretty strong creative background, and after talking to a bunch of my friends who work in the industry at various capacities / levels, I have been thinking that I might be a decent candidate to start learning UX design and to possibly seek out a career in that field.

I was just wondering if anyone on here works in UX or could possibly point me to someone who does? I would really love to pick someones brain re their thoughts on learning approaches (boot camps, online courses etc.) and general portfolio and professional development.

I know it's kind of a shot in the dark here. But I have had such a positive experience with you folks on this forum that I thought asking here would be a better option than lurking LinkedIn to find people who'd be willing to share their experiences and thoughts on this line of work.

Would vastly appreciate any information on the subject. Just starting to dip my toes into this really :)

Industrial PLC programming and set-up. Every machine nowadays has something like an AllenBradley Panelview HMI (operator interface station), or Siemens or some other equivalent. Underlying that is the PLC itself, and all the remote I/O, and interfacing with the rest of the plant. Someone has to make all that stuff work. (I merely check that certain aspects of it does what it's supposed to.)

I am in the process of looking towards work options in the tech industry. I have a pretty strong creative background, and after talking to a bunch of my friends who work in the industry at various capacities / levels, I have been thinking that I might be a decent candidate to start learning UX design and to possibly seek out a career in that field.

I was just wondering if anyone on here works in UX or could possibly point me to someone who does? I would really love to pick someones brain re their thoughts on learning approaches (boot camps, online courses etc.) and general portfolio and professional development.

I know it's kind of a shot in the dark here. But I have had such a positive experience with you folks on this forum that I thought asking here would be a better option than lurking LinkedIn to find people who'd be willing to share their experiences and thoughts on this line of work.

Would vastly appreciate any information on the subject. Just starting to dip my toes into this really :)
Brings back memories -- I did this a long time ago. My first UX project in the 80's -- I developed horizontal smooth scrolling video drivers for CPM computers - considered revolutionary at the time.

A few later I led a project that revolutionized faxing from PCs -- that software won every conceivable UX award in it's time.

Times have changed. Way back it was marketing folks that designed user interfaces, today it's mostly software engineers. Too bad IMHO, marketeers are better at understanding the user needs.

Brings back memories -- I did this a long time ago. My first UX project in the 80's -- I developed horizontal smooth scrolling video drivers for CPM computers - considered revolutionary at the time.

A few later I led a project that revolutionized faxing from PCs -- that software won every conceivable UX award in it's time.

Times have changed. Way back it was marketing folks that designed user interfaces, today it's mostly software engineers. Too bad IMHO, marketeers are better at understanding the user needs.
Thank god I have no software engineer experience ?

Back
Top Bottom