Any Streetfighter 848 owners on this board? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Streetfighter 848 owners on this board?

rx_se7en

I've been considering getting the Streetfighter 848 as my next bike. If you own the bike or have ridden it, what do you like about it and what don't you like about it?
How does it compare to similar bikes in it's class?

I have one. would buy again.

Go for it! They are a nice bike for sure!

Last edited:
that bike is perfect.

its more flickable than the 1098sf, better price tag hah and not as aggressive riding position.

although it is far more aggressive than my z1000

gobs of power too

go sit on one, read motorcyclist magazine...

The SF is a great bike. I consider it a piece of art.
848 or 1098...
I guess you really can't go wrong. But I ended up with the 1098 simply because
1. A used 1098 was cheaper (3-4g)
2. 1098 has better parts
3. The bike is pure mayhem if you want it to be but it is also comfortable and "docile" when you need it to be.
4. Insurance difference was negligible

Last edited:
that bike is perfect.

its more flickable than the 1098sf, better price tag hah and not as aggressive riding position.

although it is far more aggressive than my z1000

gobs of power too

go sit on one, read motorcyclist magazine...

yeah, I've sat on one and have read the magazines.
I just wanted to get some feedback from owners, if it rides as well as all the magazines said...

my only complaint is still the right foot thing.

Watch for poor fueling issues affecting about a third of them, reports of low rpm surging/stalling

That why I passed on buying one, it's a beautiful bike bit not worth the headache

Some forum threads mention the problem can be cured with Termignoni exhaust and ecu, but that's 2000$ to fix a Ducati mistake

What right foot thing?

you will find that the guard on the exhaust intrudes on the space that your foot rests on the right. this results in you having to place your foot a bit further out on the peg, it is a bit annoying.

Another thing you will notice is the lack of wind protection and the generally feeling that there is nothing in front of you. especially if you come from a fully faired bike. you get used to that though.

Still love it though.

Last edited:
The fueling issue is WAY overblown. There is a small bit of roughness 2500-3000 rpm. Its just not as smooth as the rest of the rpm range. It's only a problem on a small amount of the bikes.
You ride around at 2500-3000rpm?
I don't. And therefore have never thought my SF1098 has a fueling issue.

As for the right foot thing... I put aftermarket pegs on and I don't even notice it. Not an issue.

I didn't exactly buy my Duc with having good fuel economy in mind lol. And yes you'd have to ride the clutch below 3k that's because the bike is meant to go FAST!!!

I'm not talking about fuel economy I'm talking about surging due to a too lean fuel mixture at low rpm

Granted only about 1 in 3 have the issue but owning one of those would suck, there are even reports of stalling while coasting

Im curious has anybody found anything that prevents your right foot from rubbing on the exhaust heat shield?

I'm not talking about fuel economy I'm talking about surging due to a too lean fuel mixture at low rpm
I installed Power Commander Autotune on my 07 R1 and setup a map where it's got fuel economy at cruise/highway, but once you twist it, it throws out fuel economy for all out power.

I know what you mean about the surging. The throttle is super twitchy and it's hard to get the bike to travel at a constant speed when it's leaned out. I ended up having to kick it down a gear to keep it steady, pretty annoying :(

I did get record fuel economy though, 218km till the fuel light, on a GROUP RIDE! Unheard of ;)

-Jamie M.

I notice the gilles rear sets say there 10mm longer than stock but the 848SF are spaced out 10mm compared to the 1089SF. I had an issue with my foot hitting the exhaust shield which puts my foot a weird and uncomfortable angle. Sorry to beat this to death im just trying to get a grasp on it cuz thats one of the things holding me up on buying the 848SF anybody have any pics of their set up on their bikes?

I had the surging below 3000 rpm issue on my Multistrada. It's due to lean fueling to meet European emission standards. I installed Fatduc O2 sensor manipulators for about $100 and 5 minutes install time and the problem is gone.

http://www.fatduc.com/

They sell them for most Ducatis and are much cheaper than any other means of smoothing it out.

Fixed my fueling to match my Remus with a Tuneboy unit. No need for Fatduc or any other plug and play stuff. Turn off the flapper valve, O2 sensors, read CEL and clear them and if you get a free logwork iPhone app you can even get dyno numbers.

IMG_1527.jpg

Last edited:
I installed Power Commander Autotune on my 07 R1 and setup a map where it's got fuel economy at cruise/highway, but once you twist it, it throws out fuel economy for all out power.

I know what you mean about the surging. The throttle is super twitchy and it's hard to get the bike to travel at a constant speed when it's leaned out. I ended up having to kick it down a gear to keep it steady, pretty annoying :(

I did get record fuel economy though, 218km till the fuel light, on a GROUP RIDE! Unheard of ;)

-Jamie M.

PC or Bazzaz do not work for the Ducati's as it will not allow you to tune below 4000 rpm unless you reflash your ECU first to turn off the O2 sensors ($300).

Back
Top Bottom