Any sidecar owners here? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any sidecar owners here?

1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200, with an '88 Hannigan Comet chair. Built up a number of years ago - just a *little bit* modified. Currently has 70,000+ kms, and still on original clutch.

In storage for a little while in the back of the garage, to be unearthed when times are good again to ride.

P1000821-med.jpg

How much did this setup cost?

How much did this setup cost?

I have not a clue. I stopped counting midway through the 2nd winter, of a 3 winter project to get it to that point. When you have to source components from around the world (ie. the front rim assembly is from Holland) or get it custom fabricated (ie, beyond the skill level where i could fabricate it), it tends to add up quickly.

I went into the project knowing it was a long-term ownership, once of a life-time project deal. If the motor ever blows up.. i buy another bike, and transplant the motor.. etc.

Including the cost of the bike 12 years ago, I'd say somewhere between $25k and $30k.

image (2) by FireMate, on Flickr

Yes. Yes we do.

I'm impressed. Doggles and a restraint harness. If only more pet owners fulfilled their responsibilities for the safety of their pets the world would be a better place.

Oh, and an obviously happy pooch!

EDIT: Riding a side car scares the crap out of me. It would seem to be a whole different thing entirely from riding a bike or driving a car. Now, being a monkey with an experienced pilot would be interesting as all get out...

Last edited:
Griffin, you're only in Uxbridge and I'm still on vacation for the next couple of days, you're more than welcome to come check out the rig or even go for a quick ride if you want to see what it's like compared to your BMW

Griffin, you're only in Uxbridge and I'm still on vacation for the next couple of days, you're more than welcome to come check out the rig or even go for a quick ride if you want to see what it's like compared to your BMW

That's an hospitable offer. But, I'm tied up with family things through the weekend. Perhaps another time though.

that's amazing.

And I was going to comment on the goggles and harness too. LOL. Where do you get them, and how do you get your dog to leave the goggles on??? I feel like mine would just constantly remove them...

1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200, with an '88 Hannigan Comet chair. Built up a number of years ago - just a *little bit* modified. Currently has 70,000+ kms, and still on original clutch.

In storage for a little while in the back of the garage, to be unearthed when times are good again to ride.

P1000821-med.jpg

Looks so futuristic....I dunno what would be more fun...riding the bike or the sidecar..

Got the Doggles from PetSmart. They also attach underneath with an elastic band. One second on, one second off. She only got perplexed by them the first day, but now she associates me holding them up and a nice ride in the bike, so it's all good!

that's amazing.

And I was going to comment on the goggles and harness too. LOL. Where do you get them, and how do you get your dog to leave the goggles on??? I feel like mine would just constantly remove them...

Back
Top Bottom