Any Early Morning Riders? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Early Morning Riders?

Best time to ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The numbers are interesting but without knowing how many bikes are out and about in each time period it doesn't mean much. Your chance of dying could be half or double early in the morning, we don't have enough information there to know.

You gotta be full tanks, empty bladders and ready to ride right at sunrise to call it a true morning ride in my books! That way you’ve passed the boring 401 part before traffic hits. Even for short rides in town or around the don valley, start early enough and you're home in time for breakfast/work if that’s all you’re up for.

I’d be down for that any Friday morning if anyone actually wants to make it a thing.

I dunno weekday rides out of the GTA seem to work well for me. Barely anyone around out in the country.

When touring I always start early 'cept when have kid with me ....sigh :rolleyes:

You do have to be wild life alert. I work online early in the morning as I get a ton done with no interruptions. Then go to the Forks for lunch and a chit chat couple times a week. No night rides this year tho would not mind trying the LED lights on the CB500x now that I can sit in a Timmies.

Do my best riding first thing after breakfast no doubt about it. Too bad events usually start at noon.
sometimes by noon my legs feel like liquid :/ have you ever tried to ride section one with liquid legs, it's not fun.

I just follow a transport when riding all night. Better lights and they take care of the wildlife too!
Not a bad plan but don't rely on them for wildlife. I was talking with a couple tournament fisherman that were travelling in a convoy late at night. They got to their destination and the guy in the first truck said he had seen the biggest raccoon of his life and it had gone right under his truck and boat but he didn't think he had hit it. The guy following him let out a stream of expletives and said the raccoon had stood up on his hind legs to see what had just happened and was vaporized by the bumper of truck two. There were chunks all through the truck and boat.

Not a bad plan but don't rely on them for wildlife. I was talking with a couple tournament fisherman that were travelling in a convoy late at night. They got to their destination and the guy in the first truck said he had seen the biggest raccoon of his life and it had gone right under his truck and boat but he didn't think he had hit it. The guy following him let out a stream of expletives and said the raccoon had stood up on his hind legs to see what had just happened and was vaporized by the bumper of truck two. There were chunks all through the truck and boat.

At least it was chunks. Removing raccoon intestines wrapped around a half shaft was an experience I would have rather not had.

early mornings are getting later already!

• sunrise today -6:39am
  • sunrise a month from now - 7:15 am
  • sunrise 2 months from now - 7:51 am

the only thing we have going for us is that many people have been asked to continue to work remote until Jan :)

Back
Top Bottom