Anti road rash clothing - Carbon Fiber-Reinforced | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anti road rash clothing - Carbon Fiber-Reinforced

Yeah shorts aren't going to help much when your knees hit the road and the "protection" is on the hips. Doesn't say if it has extra protection on the butt either. Think I will stick with my protective gear.

I've seen kevlar long underwear type stuff for sale. Can wear it under anything.

Anyone here ever felt how sharp carbon fibre is when it cracks? Pretty nasty stuff. Stick to hockey gear.

Anyone here ever felt how sharp carbon fibre is when it cracks? Pretty nasty stuff. Stick to hockey gear.

If it flexes like normal fabric, like in the video, it's not going to shatter and stab you.

Wrong application. Wrong speeds, wrong areas to protect.

I agree to an extent.
Think about if I'm going to squid anyway. If I lowsided my bike going 35km/h on a turn, it'd definitely help. Though probably I wouldn't pay the likely exorbitantly high price for such minimal protection.

Still interesting though.

I agree to an extent.
Think about if I'm going to squid anyway. If I lowsided my bike going 35km/h on a turn, it'd definitely help. Though probably I wouldn't pay the likely exorbitantly high price for such minimal protection.

Still interesting though.

You say that now, the last time I burnt through a pair of shorts (and my skin) on a bicycle, I spent almost $200 on hydrocolloid dressings while the hole healed (not to mention the pain of picking rocks out with tweezers). If something is less than $500, is comfortable enough to wear and prevents rash, I'm all for it.

i'd wear if in a long underwear style.
i wear motocross knee protectors and light pants...I find my overpants heavy.

Need more reviews, have light pressure on a sand belt could be very different than having more weight against the sander.

The problem with most non-leather materials is not abrasion resistance but rip/tear on high speed impact. Look at any of the brands of riding jeans that use kevlar in them and you'll find they work great in drag tests and product demos but tend to rip open on higher speed impacts.

These materials are use on racing leathers but not in high impact zones.

Kayaks are made from both carbon fibre and Kevlar, maybe apples and oranges but one of the weak points for the carbon boat is abrasion resistance and impact.

All you really need is the best material next to your skin that minimizes rug burn IMO

Back
Top Bottom