Another ev bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another ev bike

Fail is right!! Yes, they are shipping but $2000 more for 50% less range and 40% less power and speed ???

They look much better in the crate than with a rider on them (I'm betting that guy isnt very tall). They remind me of mini bikes.

Somebody really missed the Yamaha Big Wheel

We get it OP you don't like EV motorcycles and take every opportunity to diss them. Gets old :rolleyes:

This is nearly there for my riding
sondors-metacycle-header.jpg

I'll likely wait on the Honda CB EV tho.
I do like the extra battery and dismountable battery on the Sondors.
The neat thing with EV it allows hundreds of manufacturers like Sondors to move into street legal motorcycle designs without needing the ICE engine manufacturing cost.
Innovation is good.
An electric something went by the house last night at speed and all that could be heard was his of tires. ( mind you most ICE cages are pretty quiet these days ).

This blows me away.

I've seen some lesser stand-on EV scooters on the streets here riding at traffic speed on the road, then switching to bike paths, then sidewalks. o_O

Never said i don't like ev bikes entirely. Read the posts or put me on block.
They just aren't ready for the consumers with the present battery tech. So something gets double the range by carrying an extra battery. Whoop de doo.i can go double if i carry double the fuel!
Your holier than thou attitude is getting a little long. Buy a Burgman and stay down under.

The Sondors Metacycle is an interesting design, and it appears that they are supposed to be starting deliveries shortly ... although I'll believe that when I see something that is actually production-ready with (US) DOT-compliant lighting, reflectors, and license plate mount. That seat looks brutal. I still don't like hub motors, although I understand why they did that here.

The Zero electric bikes have gotten pretty good, and even those are not using the latest technology available.

I don't have high hopes for Honda's retrofit-EV. Just as it has turned out with cars, the electric propulsion has to be designed in, not retrofitted to a combustion-engine design, to avoid a sub-par outcome.

The article says 32miles (50km) range, which is probably adequate for the farm/hunting bike role that it's intended to be used in.

It's clearly modelled in the style of the old Rokon, so for fun I tried to google the fuel range of a Rokon as comparison and to my great surprise I discovered that Rokon is still in business, and their pricing is in the same ballpark as the EV. Except the Rokon lists these astonishing features:
– Hollow drum wheels can provide floatation or space for up to 2.5 gallons of extra fuel or water.
– Full time front and rear wheel drive with superior torque mean you can tow up to 2,000 lbs.

I mean, my frigging car isn't rated to tow 2000lbs! Now I want a Rokon.

The article says 32miles (50km) range, which is probably adequate for the farm/hunting bike role that it's intended to be used in.

It's clearly modelled in the style of the old Rokon, so for fun I tried to google the fuel range of a Rokon as comparison and to my great surprise I discovered that Rokon is still in business, and their pricing is in the same ballpark as the EV. Except the Rokon lists these astonishing features:
– Hollow drum wheels can provide floatation or space for up to 2.5 gallons of extra fuel or water.
– Full time front and rear wheel drive with superior torque mean you can tow up to 2,000 lbs.

I mean, my frigging car isn't rated to tow 2000lbs! Now I want a Rokon.
Going down a steep hill and Jack knifing your rokon and then being run over by the trailer would be less than fun. It's not heavy enough to get good performance out of surge brakes and probably doesnt have enough power for electric brakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash
At Tim's this morning.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1633441642110.jpg
    FB_IMG_1633441642110.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 35
It seems to me this thing is accurately aimed at the US military market... which trying to switch to EV from diesel, and is "MADE IN USA" which puts them at the front of the line... till Polaris releases

Are they connected to Rocon? Looks kind of like one.

Back
Top Bottom