Another Bus on The Forks | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another Bus on The Forks

So another bus driver apparently missed the many signs warning to turn around and got hung up at the hair-pin on Thursday. I'm thinking a more serious offence should be charged than the current "Disobey Sign". The towing and guide rail repair costs should be charged to the driver!

COACH BUS GETS STUCK IN HAIRPIN ON FORKS OF THE CREDIT ROAD
The guard rail repair will be billed to their insurance company and the towing will be directly out of the bus lines pockets. Chances are that driver will be looking for a new job, as they should be.

driver should be water-boarded for intel
then quietly taken out back and shot
we should not have to put up with minor mistakes like this!

Geezus, he not only ends up somewhere he clearly shouldn't be, but then proceeds to just plow down the guardrail making a bad situation worse?

Once or twice in the last few decades of driving commercially I've ended up in a scenario like this over the years, through no fault of my own...I know how to read signs, but crap like this isn't always marked in some areas of the US. Did I just blindly continue on, smash, crash, and get stuck? Nope. I pursued option B, whatever that may have been, got turned around, and moved on.

Driver is almost certainly looking for a new job.

The guard rail repair will be billed to their insurance company and the towing will be directly out of the bus lines pockets. Chances are that driver will be looking for a new job, as they should be.

Depending on why they did it, it should be a new job not requiring a driver's license. Would he / she have ignored a "Bridge Out" or maximum load sign? Did he / she think it was like a Sunday drive in the Toyota?

The driver needs a meeting with MOT to explain why they should be allowed to keep a license.

No trucks? We did the hairpin in a friend's Ram pickup. Crew cab and full box. Needless to say, we didn't stay in our lane.

So another bus driver apparently missed the many signs warning to turn around and got hung up at the hair-pin on Thursday. I'm thinking a more serious offence should be charged than the current "Disobey Sign". The towing and guide rail repair costs should be charged to the driver!

COACH BUS GETS STUCK IN HAIRPIN ON FORKS OF THE CREDIT ROAD
Big assumption here of course is that the driver even knows how to read English.

Big assumption here of course is that the driver even knows how to read English.
But we need to be more inclusive in Canada. There is a good reason that the G1 test is available in 40+ languages. /Sarcasm. smh. idiocy. IMO, if you can't pass the G1 test in english, you can't safely drive in Canada.

the G1 test is available in 40+ languages.

I thought you were kidding but apparently not. How the hell can you read/understand the signs!!?? Idiocy indeed!

Quoted from: Ontario Making G1 Written Test Available in Farsi

"The G1 knowledge test is currently offered at DriveTest Centres in 20 other languages - including Ontario's official languages of English and French. As part of Ontario's continued commitment to road safety, all new drivers must take a knowledge test as the first step the province's graduated licensing system. "

Back
Top Bottom