And she's home! | GTAMotorcycle.com

And she's home!

Light cYcLe

So after what felt like a full year of wait, I took official delivery of my bike yesterday. I had never taken full delivery of my bike leaving her with the dealership for winterizing.

With all that's going around, we obviously knew it was not gonna be a typical delivery with walk around and all. I won't lie, I was looking forward to one being my first bike in this country and all. Hey but I am not complaining at all, rather very grateful for the fact that at least the dealership accommodated this in such challenging times and I was able to take delivery of my bike when the world is going through such tough times.

Wasn't much of a ride yesterday. Got her home, shared the great news virtually with all my friends over a zoom call in the evening and slept off convincing myself of a full on riding filled weekend.

Super looking forward to tomorrow and a bright sunny day! Cheers!
177e641d97196e276b66da17fe4897cd.jpg
cf11e3bc81842fdb05c63e5c55324891.jpg
65194cf8455301b090e9db598f3f9cb9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats.
Nice ride, power right across the band and I like the clutchless shift!

"Be free from the gravity of Expectation"

sweet ride, for anyone whose in the GTA: Maranello moto sport has a demo available for anyone to try out so just ask.

Rode a buddies BMW a week or so back. Fun bike although I’m still partial to my chesterfield on wheels.

But I must admit when I goosed on it and felt the front end getting light....there was moments of “Oooh, I could have fun on the Dragon with this thing”.

But then I remembered the ride to and from the dragon and liked my Chesterfield again lol

very nice, congrats, what year is it?

Confused as to why BMW dealers always have their retail prices(not including taxes + fees) way higher than BMWs own MSRPs...

Rode a buddies BMW a week or so back. Fun bike although I’m still partial to my chesterfield on wheels.

But I must admit when I goosed on it and felt the front end getting light....there was moments of “Oooh, I could have fun on the Dragon with this thing”.

But then I remembered the ride to and from the dragon and liked my Chesterfield again lol
Agreed. I am going super easy on her through this break-in period. But yes, every now and then you are made to realize that you're riding a 165HP 205Kg machine that's etching to leap ahead.

Surely I won't win against your bike for long distance comfort ;-)

very nice, congrats, what year is it?
It's a 2019. This was the last bike of MY19 left with the dealership when I bought it in October last year.

Ive always said it, I think that is the ULTIMATE street bike, comfort, performance, reliability, looks, price, its got it all. Its tame as a kitten when you want it to be and roars like a lion when you want it to. I want one badly. Sick ride sir and congrats!

Agreed. I am going super easy on her through this break-in period. But yes, every now and then you are made to realize that you're riding a 165HP 205Kg machine that's etching to leap ahead.

Surely I won't win against your bike for long distance comfort ;-)

Break-in....
Some say that you must ride it like you stole it, others say to be gentle.
Not sure of the scientific reason for each or which one is best for the run-in.
Either way, have fun with your bike - it is one that I have lusted for ever after the test ride that I took.
The only disadvantage is the cost of dealership service and maintenance. But it is a BMW and to be expected. All three dealers that I have been to, Maranello, Oakville BMW, Wolf BMW are pretty good.
Safe riding!

Break-in....
Some say that you must ride it like you stole it, others say to be gentle.
Not sure of the scientific reason for each or which one is best for the run-in.
As manufacturers up their computer game, it becomes less and less a personal decision and more a manufacturer dictated protocol. For years, some outboards have limited rpm for the first *** hours. They know the temptation is strong to see what it can do so they hard code the computer to take away that option. It's simple enough to do and avoids some warranty issues.

As for the schools of thought, riding hard puts more pressure on the rings so they seat better. Taking it easy allows then engine to work off any tight spots before you put lots of pressure on them. I normally go with what manufacturer says (again, with the computer, they can easily see if you didn't listen and void your warranty. Again from the outboard side, the computer records the number of hours at each rpm range through the life of the engine as well as a whole bunch of other diagnostic info).

As manufacturers up their computer game, it becomes less and less a personal decision and more a manufacturer dictated protocol. For years, some outboards have limited rpm for the first *** hours. They know the temptation is strong to see what it can do so they hard code the computer to take away that option. It's simple enough to do and avoids some warranty issues.

As for the schools of thought, riding hard puts more pressure on the rings so they seat better. Taking it easy allows then engine to work off any tight spots before you put lots of pressure on them. I normally go with what manufacturer says (again, with the computer, they can easily see if you didn't listen and void your warranty. Again from the outboard side, the computer records the number of hours at each rpm range through the life of the engine as well as a whole bunch of other diagnostic info).
To the best of my knowledge BMW run-in instructions are to avoid long periods of low rpm riding and to use routes that have twisties that force you to change gear often.

*apologies to OP if my comments are hijacking your thread.

Back
Top Bottom