An unusual crash for two race bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

An unusual crash for two race bikes

guym

[video=youtube;ZaOVNqA7lBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaOVNqA7lBA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

How the heck did the first guy even end up going down? I've watched it three times, I can't figure it out...

I like the guy in the black suite throwing his hands up in frustration over and over.

JohnnyP would have stuck that.

Not even, In my only race I was number 9 and capitalized on the crash...When Chris who was in front of me took out Drew, I was in first place.....For a while...lol I was like this is easy, just take it easy and let everyone crash

Last edited:
Oh man I didnt even watch the end at first, kept replaying the actual crash...LOL that was funny seeing the guy chase his bike in a circle....I guess he doesnt have a tip over sensor on that bike

Yeah hard to see but hes actually sliding on both wheels for a bit before he goes down....

and he started to initiate the turn in while both wheels were sliding/locked.

This is what caused the front to tuck.

This is a BRILLIANT example(revealed by race conditions) of the benefits of ABS technology.

There have been several threads recently, where individuals have claimed ABS is pointless on a motorcycle and that they could outbrake an ABS system.

In this case, ABS would allow the front wheel to maintain traction and the rider would have continued on his way through the corner.

Imagine that situation on the street, where you tuck the front end on a right hand turn, but instead of the bike/you sliding into another bike, moving the same direction, you slide into an oncoming Buick.

Hmm... initiating a turn with the front tire locked? I wonder what thats like... the titanium plate and 9 screws in my collarbone say it is fun!

and he started to initiate the turn in while both wheels were sliding/locked.

This is what caused the front to tuck.

This is a BRILLIANT example(revealed by race conditions) of the benefits of ABS technology.

There have been several threads recently, where individuals have claimed ABS is pointless on a motorcycle and that they could outbrake an ABS system.

In this case, ABS would allow the front wheel to maintain traction and the rider would have continued on his way through the corner.

Imagine that situation on the street, where you tuck the front end on a right hand turn, but instead of the bike/you sliding into another bike, moving the same direction, you slide into an oncoming Buick.

I know, but wheres the fun in that...LOL

I was watching some show on TV about the BMW team, the young guy from the GTA was doing great on the BMW with all the electronics. But the vet I think he was from Montreal, was not doing so great.It was funny cause they were going on about how his old school style was not working well with then new electronic style bike LOL

^^ hahah yeaa thats what i thought of too :p

Thanks for making it easy to check if this video has already been posted by not having some crazy title.

Back
Top Bottom