Americade Curse Continues | GTAMotorcycle.com

Americade Curse Continues

BeastieGirl

I have a group of people that I meet up with at Americade every year. BUT every year something bad happens to me when I go there :-(

Lake George is where I got my only traffic ticket ever - for passing a group of trikes at a speed the State Trooper behind me thought was unwarranted.

It was on a side trip to Vermont on an Americade weekend 4 years ago that I had my accident - totalled the bike, broke my right shoulder blade and spent the next 6 weeks rehabbing instead of touring up to Alaska as originally planned (not to jinx the Schnizzle).

Tried to dry my soggy but brand new boots over the campfire and instead ending up melting the soles.

This weekend - turning the bike around in the parking lot in the rain and hit an oily spot - dropped the bike, cracked a piece of the front cowling and snapped off the clutch lever - down to about 3 inches. Since I was leaving before the Tour Expo opened, I just wrapped some electrical tape around the end to take some of the jaggedness off the edge and used it as a "shorty". But whatever was on the ground hung on to the tires and made for some interesting moments on the road for the first few miles. Fortunately it was pisspouring rain so all wiped off.

Rain, crowds, bad luck - time to find a new meeting place!

Wow Beastie I think your right....time to find a new place.
Hopefully its not a huge expense to repair everything.

I have a group of people that I meet up with at Americade every year. BUT every year something bad happens to me when I go there :-(

Lake George is where I got my only traffic ticket ever - for passing a group of trikes at a speed the State Trooper behind me thought was unwarranted.

It was on a side trip to Vermont on an Americade weekend 4 years ago that I had my accident - totalled the bike, broke my right shoulder blade and spent the next 6 weeks rehabbing instead of touring up to Alaska as originally planned (not to jinx the Schnizzle).

Tried to dry my soggy but brand new boots over the campfire and instead ending up melting the soles.

This weekend - turning the bike around in the parking lot in the rain and hit an oily spot - dropped the bike, cracked a piece of the front cowling and snapped off the clutch lever - down to about 3 inches. Since I was leaving before the Tour Expo opened, I just wrapped some electrical tape around the end to take some of the jaggedness off the edge and used it as a "shorty". But whatever was on the ground hung on to the tires and made for some interesting moments on the road for the first few miles. Fortunately it was pisspouring rain so all wiped off.

Rain, crowds, bad luck - time to find a new meeting place!

**** happens. Don't let it freak you out. Carry on. You didn't get hurt and the price of a new clutch lever is under twenty bucks.

I thought it was only me that stuff like this happened to. :tshirt: Thanks for warning us to steer clear.

I think you might enjoy a CanAm spyder thingy - 3 wheels and great TV commercials of fun rides with wonderful models - all lies!

**** happens. Don't let it freak you out. Carry on. You didn't get hurt and the price of a new clutch lever is under twenty bucks.

My clutch lever is adjustable so its actually pricey - but still only $39.00 and I've already patched the crack - just expoxied underneath and just a smidgeon of touch up paint - can't even see it.

I was actually the third bike to go down in that parking lot - they just resealed the blacktop and it was slick. I was backpedalling to turn out of the parking space (couldn't park the other way because of a really steep grade) and just lost my footing - I didn't go down with the ship - when I realized the bike was going over with or without me, I just hopped off :-(

Anyway onward and upward - one week to Colorado/Utah/New Mexico - maybe I'll pack a couple of spare levers just in case.

lol
:laughing3:

Lol:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Back
Top Bottom