Almost got Turkey'ed!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Almost got Turkey'ed!!

sticker

Coming down Hwy 28 just south of Apsley today and one wild turkey was on the opposite shoulder. As Im coming up on it, it decides to trot into my lane and take flight. It gets up to my torso height and I put my forearm up to block it. Hit me in the forearm and its wing brushed my helmet. Very close call. I was fine and didn't lose control but it could of been much worse. Those birds are alot bigger up close like that!!
Be careful out there. I always tend to scan the shoulders of the road when coming out of turns but this bird blended in. Gonna be lotsa wildlife on the roads in the next few weeks.

:twisted:Damn turkeys... Thanksgiving is coming... Oct 14th...

:evil4:

Run em over in the cage and you can have thanksgiving the next day! :)

Almost hit one as well... Purposely though haha

Thanks guys! Thinking about it some more, I'm glad it took flight and just grazed my arm/helmet. If it kept trotting it would of ended up under my wheels which would of been much worse...and yeah, I love eating them!!

Was it frozen or fresh? Frozen would hurt like hell.

I'm strapping a shotgun on my next ride

...seriously? a turkey?

We need video!

I hope that poor turkey was ok :(

Another tip.If ya see one.....there's more behind that one!

Nearly got clipped similarly on 25 coming down from the Forks....
Bunch of turkey vultures got off slow and I didn't slow down enough - had to duck.....buddy behind thought I clipped them it was that close.

They get fat feeding and are slow to get off the ground.
Glad a I had a windscreen to duck behind.

I had a flock of them run across the road right in front of me while committed to a hard right on the 507 last spring. Was about 9:30am. Yesterday, north of Colburn one ran along the side of the road trying to keep pace with me!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

One flew just inches over my car on Hwy 407 north of Mississauga last month... I was quite surprized to see such a large bird take flight. Ugly mofos to.

The only thing I could think of when I read this was
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

Don't have it on video but had a similar experience.

Coming out of a blind left (after doing an initial scan of the area I was planning to go full retard; it was clear), there is a goose in the middle of my line. I went wider than I would've liked to avoid the goose but instead of moving...he honked at me and flapped his wings. Angry bastards!

Back
Top Bottom