Akrapovic Dealer GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Akrapovic Dealer GTA

Mango Rider

I got myself a 2015 FZ09 a bit ago, been lots of fun. It has a full Akra exhaust system which is wonderful, the power commander is also fun, but the PO took out the baffle of the exhaust.
It sounds fantastic, don't get me wrong, but he lived in the borders of Milton, I live in a family neighbourhood in midtown Toronto and I use it as my main mode of transportation; sorta early mornings to 2am ride homes.
TLDR, any local akrapovic dealers in the GTA I can get a baffle from? Or someone that took theirs out that they don't want?
Prefer to deal local instead of online.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Find the baffle PN you need and order it from Ebay like I did. It'll be the least costly option.

Did he promote the sale of the bike as a street legal motorcycle or closed course competition bike?
Baffle is probably in the same place as the original exhaust, tell the seller you want all the original parts.

Would prefer to deal with a shop over online and shipping if the possibility is there, otherwise sure- online is always cheaper.
In a perfect world, yes asking would have produced something. I've asked the PO before, multiple times and stopped getting responses. He noted he had it but couldn't find it, then searched more and assumed he tossed it. After the payment was made in full when I got the bike in April, he has no obligation to deal with me, other than courtesy. Which is whatever, and what leads me to ask on here instead of him.
@Jayv let me know if you do, it's the carbon version, but I am assuming the baffle may be universal?

Atta boy Mango Rider.I like where this thread is going.

Somebody tampered with the vehicles emission equipment :| lets just say, it would be in his best interest to provide any parts you want.

Somebody tampered with the vehicles emission equipment :| lets just say, it would be in his best interest to provide any parts you want.
Sure, and to play devil's advocate here: he isn't the original owner, apparently the Original Owner (OO cuz why not) did all the work on it. So the PO doesn't have ALL the parts.
Again, in a perfect world, all of this makes sense? Is a baffle (assumedly 75 USD) worth contacting the authorities on him to fix his "best interests" at this time? No. Would I threaten him with something for the same worth as above? No. Live and let live, he gave me a deal on a bike that's hella fun, I am just looking for a baffle.

No, you can't threaten anyone with anything, you have to just take legal action, or not.
But it was wrong for them to do that to you, the bike should have come with all the legally required parts.

Probably “Sold As Is”

Seller don’t have to give him the time of day if he don’t want to at this point...if that was the case..
If 'as is' was the terms of sale yes,
if it was purchased in good faith to be a street legal vehicle :/ buyer has solid grounds imho.

Had it been purchased from a dealership what would everybody say then?

I love this site sometimes. To even consider taking legal action over a stupid $30 baffle in which you failed to make sure was even there is laughable. Bite and bullet and learn for next time. And btw, that exhaust is a full system, even with a baffle it will be loud

Found the insert PN in less than 5 minutes. No one local is going to carry that thing and they’ll be ordering it from overseas anyways plus add their markup. Buy it online, it’s readily available.

I love this site sometimes. To even consider taking legal action over a stupid $30 baffle in which you failed to make sure was even there is laughable. Bite and bullet and learn for next time. And btw, that exhaust is a full system, even with a baffle it will be loud
Is the original exhaust I would want, can only imagine how much that would cost to replace in 5 years!

Actually with the baffle in it's not very loud at all.

OP, i'm still looking in the garage for the baffle, it's bad timing for me as i'm moving in two weeks and the garage is jammed packed.

Actually with the baffle in it's not very loud at all.

OP, i'm still looking in the garage for the baffle, it's bad timing for me as i'm moving in two weeks and the garage is jammed packed.
Appreciate it Jayv, keep me posted! :)
I may call a couple shops out of good faith and see what they can do later this week if your moving eats up and spits out the baffle somewhere far far away.
I bought the bike knowing the baffle wasn't in, hoping it would be alright after some time. That some time has passed, and I am reaching that decision to get one.
Not sure if anyone was remotely serious about legal action... fun site indeed.

Appreciate it Jayv, keep me posted! :)
I may call a couple shops out of good faith and see what they can do later this week if your moving eats up and spits out the baffle somewhere far far away.
I bought the bike knowing the baffle wasn't in, hoping it would be alright after some time. That some time has passed, and I am reaching that decision to get one.
Not sure if anyone was remotely serious about legal action... fun site indeed.

I've been there. Bought a bandit 1200 with a Yosh exhaust that had no baffle. After a few rides I decided it was way to loud. I ordered a Yosh baffle through Royal Distributing and all was good.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom