Airhawk Dual Sport Air Cushion | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Airhawk Dual Sport Air Cushion

I bought an Air Hawk 6-7 years back to use on the KLR. It has the OG rubber bladder. It does work to alleviate the pain and numbness from long rides, but I found that it gets too hot. I guess the rubber kind of seals around my butt and prevents any air flow. On a very hot day riding through one of the Carolina's I got too my camp feeling great, only to find out when I hopped on the bike the next morning that I had a monstrous case of monkey butt....

I now prefer beads on the bike. I also use a DIY removable seat cushion that turns the spongy 8" wide KLR seat into a firm 16" wide platform. Very nice.

I do still use the Air Hawk in my kayak. Sitting right above the cool water is enough to prevent the heat rash.

My journey just turned over 16,000km and i gotta have something to safe my ***. Thought i would find an Airhawk in Sturgis. Nope. But i got a "WildAss". I'll review tomorrow.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1657065356045.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657065356045.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
This is what I got:
INNERNEED Motorcycle Seat Cushion

I never bothered water-filling it, air inflated works OK...
Looked at this knockoff as well, but there are quite a few one star ratings. Also, I ran the Reviews through Fakespot and it scored a "C". So I bought the real Airhawk. Sometimes the knockoffs are just as good, sometimes they're not. Let us know if it holds air.

I can only speak from my own experience - it's been great for me, 3rd season and no issues... 9-hour days in the seat, back-to-back...

For a bit of time, I had a mesh cover over entire seat including the cushion - this was more for the aesthetics... After couple of hours, I started feeling the familiar pressure points on the seat... I removed the mesh, and it just works...

My guess is, this cushion works best on eliminating pressure points. If airflow is more of an issue, beads would work better... I know sheepskin works for many, not sure where that falls...

Back
Top Bottom