Air filter replacement | GTAMotorcycle.com

Air filter replacement

ungoloth

Site Supporter
Hello
I just replaced the air filter on 2015 kaw zx10r. Reassembled the bike but then remembered a mysterious rubber tube inside the clean side of the air box (tube 92192A). I think this is a crank vent? Anyway I'm not sure if this connects to the air box cover or not? Could this tube just be open to the clean side of the air box atmosphere? I'm willing to take the bike apart again but if I don't have to why bother eh.
Can anyone who has performed the air filter task and weigh in?

That is the hose that leads to the air-suction valve (emission control component). The air-suction valve in turn has a short hose on each side leading to the cylinder head cover.

Thanks Brian P, do I have to take this beast apart again and connect the top of the tube to something?

The bottom of that hose should be on the air suction solenoid valve. The top of it should be connected to the airbox. If it is unconnected leaving an open hole into the airbox sucking unfiltered air, that's bad. Your choice...

Better safe than sorry I guess. Looks like I have some more work to do. Probably should get more practice at this as the filter was real dirty so it looks like I will be changing it every year anyway. The one disadvantage to riding up north with sand on the road and lots of bugs equates to a high air filter replacement rate.

I took it apart again. Turns out the hose does not attach to anything at the top end. There is no provision to attach the top of the hose anywhere to the airbox or airbox cover. Oh well, piece of mind is better than worry eh. Good thing I love working on motorcycle...beats watching tv :)

Back
Top Bottom