Affordable Sliders | GTAMotorcycle.com

Affordable Sliders

My current bike had them when I bought it but generally I don’t use them.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

$500 seems very high for a frame and 2-axle slider kit.

Woodcraft set including frame and both axles is $230 USD, or about $300 CAD.

Aliexpress or Ebay?

My eBay ones survived a crashed into the guard rail going 50 km/h(ish). Engine had no damage and a lot of the plastic was salvageable.

Z900 had a eBay cage but they were very heavy so I took them off

Depends on the bike. Evotech makes some decent stuff for not insane money...

I've always been cautious about frame sliders, though. Many shortcut to the easiest frame bolt and can do more harm than good. For example, the cheaper sliders for the RC51 are too low, so they tend to roll the bike up onto the tank. Not ideal. Even worse, some will tweak the frame...

I don't use them...I see them as the kiss of death. Was eyeballing T-Rex sliders for my wife's bike. She's had a couple of spills dropping her bike stationary or moving the bike herself around the garage. It's quite a heavy bike. T-Rex has some great designs...but very expensive. I'll look into what's mentioned here. Thank you!

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

T-rex racing (or trex performance, wtv the heck theyre called) has decent ones for a lot of models
Evotech maybe
TEC
Powerbronze...

look around :)

I have new frame sliders for 2004 - 2007 CBR 1000 that I never put on my bike, still in box $20.00 - $50.00 retail

Attachments

• IMG_20150517_113706309.jpg
    IMG_20150517_113706309.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
T-rex racing (or trex performance, wtv the heck theyre called) has decent ones for a lot of models
Evotech maybe
TEC
Powerbronze...

look around :)
Thanks, will do. Limited market for Aprilia.

Thanks, will do. Limited market for Aprilia.
AF1 Racing's web shop is my first stop to see what's available for specific models, even if I usually end up buying out of Europe because their exchange isn't friendly. One thing I like about them is they will list parts that work with a model, even if they're not listed as fitting, and may link to instructions if modification is required.

Assuming Aprilia + heavy = Caponord, it looks like R&G makes some frame sliders that work, as well as some case covers. Still won't be cheap by the time you add it all up, depending on how many pieces you want. Here's a link to the AF1 list:

AF1 Racing. Caponord 1200 Crash Protection

AF1 Racing's web shop is my first stop to see what's available for specific models, even if I usually end up buying out of Europe because their exchange isn't friendly. One thing I like about them is they will list parts that work with a model, even if they're not listed as fitting, and may link to instructions if modification is required.

Assuming Aprilia + heavy = Caponord, it looks like R&G makes some frame sliders that work, as well as some case covers. Still won't be cheap by the time you add it all up, depending on how many pieces you want. Here's a link to the AF1 list:

AF1 Racing. Caponord 1200 Crash Protection
Dorsoduro. They have R&G for $109 US.

I was eyeballing the Chinese sliders for $49 but I can't put Chinese on an Aprilia.

Thanks for that!

Back
Top Bottom