ADV GSA.......not! | GTAMotorcycle.com

ADV GSA.......not!

A motorcycle masochist.

interesting how the Dutch all speak such good English

and that was an interesting watch

It's unfortunate his trip footage is so bad. Would have been worthwhile to get better acquainted with the camera before doing such epic trips and having crap video to look back on.

It's unfortunate his trip footage is so bad. Would have been worthwhile to get better acquainted with the camera before doing such epic trips and having crap video to look back on.
I think the point of his video was to prove two things: any motorcycle can do a rought trip if you keep replacing parts, and 2) he had the technical skill to repair a notoriously undependable motorcycle on an adventure style trip. If it was a trip documentary I'm sure most of the footage would be of him yanking and repairing motors, electronics, bushings, bearings etc.

My goal would be for a comfortable bike position for all day riding. All else would be fine. Modern motors, etc can take the beating....especially if on tarmac most of the time.

My goal would be for a comfortable bike position for all day riding. All else would be fine. Modern motors, etc can take the beating....especially if on tarmac most of the time.
While the bike might be comfortable, I think he made it clear in the video you'll be sitting on the dirt changing parts and making adjustments - alot. That's not comfortable.

I wouldn't take my current bikes on an extended tour of the world. 2 days down to the Tail and my hands were numb. The one in my avatar has over 100k, just not from long trips.

I have 4 I'd fire up for a cross continent tour on 5 minutes notice. A '76 Honda, '82 & '06 Yamahas, and '16 Suzuki. It would take me an hour to strap the bags on the old gals, but they are still up to it AND I still have confidence they can make a 20,000 trip without letting me down.

Back
Top Bottom