Adjusting spring preload. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Adjusting spring preload.

timtune

Site Supporter
Is there an easy way to compress the spring so I can relieve the pressure and more easily turn the adjusting collars? (2019 Kawi KLX250) I was turning them up to reduce the tension and it was very hard going (even with the wheel off the ground). Now I need to tighten it back up and know that will be a struggle.

Can I have someone sit on the bike and then apply big zip ties?

Any help appreciated.

I have always found it much easier to turn the spring with the collar, instead of just trying to move the adjustment collar with that C shaped tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd give it a try first. Sometimes tightening is no harder than loosening if it's a step adjuster because the slope is gentler. The zip tie thing sounds like a lot of work...

I'd put a drop of oil on the sliding surfaces to ease the friction. Is this a threaded collar or stepped ramp? How long is your tool? Room for a longer handle?

I'd put a drop of oil on the sliding surfaces to ease the friction. Is this a threaded collar or stepped ramp? How long is your tool? Room for a longer handle?
Bingo we have a winner. A buddy also suggested lube and after some silicone juice it was easier tightening than loosening.
GG I'm prepared to tell you it's a threaded collar but I'm not getting not into personal details.....

Back
Top Bottom