Adjusting mirrors on 250r | GTAMotorcycle.com

Adjusting mirrors on 250r

houleskis

Hi ladies and gents,

So I just secured myself an '09 250r and took it out for the first ride yesterday. One issue I'm having is that I'm not entirely sure what is the 'proper' way to adjust/align mirrors. I felt it was either showing my what my elbows looked like or too far out wide to see who's behind me.

Does anyone have any tips or reference points to use when adjusting mirrors?

I can always see a bit of my elbows, because I have it so I can see backward. If they are in the way..move your elbows lol. Bend them for a sec, look and go back to normal. if you put a jacket on..problem is worse, but that's part of adjusting to your ride. Ride safe

get used to looking at your elbows. there isn't any position you can put them in to get a good view without tucking your elbows in. if you really want, you can find some 650R mirrors since they are a direct replacement and the same shape, but with stalks that are quite a bit longer. I've been tempted to do that, but I'm too cheap to go buy them :eek:

i also realized that i'll be seeing my elbows a lot so i shift my head a little more to see behind me

get used to looking at your elbows. there isn't any position you can put them in to get a good view without tucking your elbows in. if you really want, you can find some 650R mirrors since they are a direct replacement and the same shape, but with stalks that are quite a bit longer. I've been tempted to do that, but I'm too cheap to go buy them :eek:

What do 650 mirrors go for?
I've got mirror extenders and for a pair I paid around 110$

^ Yup, there is no way to fix the mirrors. You just have to get use to it and keep your head on a swivel.

What they're saying is not ENTIRELY true. A tip that I learned is to move the stalks further in and then push the mirrors out. You'll still be seeing your elbows, but the mirrors won't be completely useless. I aim the bottom corner of the mirror with the corner of the tail

What do 650 mirrors go for?
I've got mirror extenders and for a pair I paid around 110$

IIRC, someone either here or on ninjette.org said they were around $60 each. ebay might be cheaper, but I'm still a cheap bastard :eek:

What they're saying is not ENTIRELY true. A tip that I learned is to move the stalks further in and then push the mirrors out. You'll still be seeing your elbows, but the mirrors won't be completely useless. I aim the bottom corner of the mirror with the corner of the tail

ok, maybe i was exaggerating a little, you can get a usable view, but you have you tuck your elbows in to see. I remember seeing it called the chicken dance once, and i'm sure it looks ridiculous to others, but it is doable. since it's cheaper to look stupid than it is to get the 650R mirrors i'll keep on looking stupid LOL

Back
Top Bottom